raPalooza~

WASD Movement.

Question

Well, i'm that guy that stay a whole year away from ragnarok and then comes back with a crazy idea!

So the ideia is to make ragnarok a little more like those new called "action RPG" with a hack'n'slash feel to it, for example making Tyr auto cast in front of you without clicking, or making JupterThunder also go in a straigt line you're facing.

But first of all, create a WASD movement...(or arrow keys) x_x

I begun with a custom skill that moves the player 1 step at time, but as it doesn't record the "hold down" function, it's not effective (also used the skill level for the direction)

case ALL_ARROWKEYS:			{					if (skill_lv == 1 ) {							x = src->x + 1;							y = src->y + 0;}					else if(skill_lv == 2 ){							x = src->x - 1;							y = src->y + 0;}					else if(skill_lv == 3 ) {							x = src->x + 0;							y = src->y + 1;}					else if(skill_lv == 4 ) {							x = src->x + 0;							y = src->y - 1;}									if(map->getcell(src->m,x,y,CELL_CHKREACH)) {			unit->walktoxy(&sd->bl, x, y, 4);					}				} 

also thought about a custom dll that sends the arrow keys as a packet but i dont even know where to start nor if its possible.

Any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

This is a neat idea but Ragnarok Online is meant for the click-and-point movement. I'd like to see this done and test it but a mouse/keyboard is unbeatable

I love the idea ! If you need help tell me.

But I think personnaly that a clean mod cannot be possible without our own executable's sources.

Edited by vykimo