Monsieur Panda

[Guide] Create your server & Client (2016/08)

Question

56 answers to this question

Imo, people who doesn't know basic, or at least, cannot even do basic search, should not open a server. But right, next guide will have a section "to go further" explaining security and other :)

I could not agree more. But your guide makes it possible to host server without almost any knowledge at all. At that point, "should" and "should not" -things don't really matter.

If you need help with next guide, i'm up. I was actually thinking to make a Debian guide myself, with exception of using two servers, one for emulator and one for web-server. But i never seem to have time to do it.

im facing problems, my char and map server starts just fine, but whenever i start the login server, it will await connection to char server, once done the login server will crash. 

Great Tutorial..thnx man.

But...appear this error for me

clif_parse: Received unsupported packet (packet 0x49f0 (0x49f0), 13 bytes received), disconnecting session #7.

anybody know how i resolve this??

I followed your instructions, but I am stuck. after selecting server, it wont continue to the character selection screen. it will only say failed to connect to server. whenever I look at the console of the herc emulator, there is no error. can you help me please? :D

Hello, im trying to setup the server but the compile gives me a error of mysql.

checking for mysql_config... no
checking for mysql_init... no
checking mysql.h usability... no
checking mysql.h presence... no
checking for mysql.h... no
checking MySQL library (required)... no
configure: error: MySQL not found or incompatible

Server OS. OpenSuse 42.1 x64

Mysql version:

> mysql -V
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.0.25-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

any help would be appreciated.

Opensuse is not so diferent than CentOS i assume it should work?

EDIT:  i know whats the problem.... the problem is that i moved mysql to another location (hard drive space issues)..  tested the ./configure in a clean setup and compiled with out problems.

now the real question is. how can i tell the ./configure where is the new location of mysql ?

thanks.

Edited by larva

I've tried to compile the emulator using Visual Studio 2017 RC and it returned me the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(57,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for v140 (Platform Toolset = 'v140') cannot be found. To build using the v140 build tools, please install v140 build tools.  Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution".
4>Done building project "map-server.vcxproj"

Anybody knows how to fix it? I have 8 errors at end of compilations attempts.

@EDIT

I'm sorry! I posted this too early, guys.
I followed the web instructions and I installed the tools, retargeted the solutions and it worked! (at my second attempt to do this! finally works!)

Edited by Rockstar xD

Im getting an unable to locate file errors when i try to type in the 

Install required package by enter this (copy this and paste it with a right-click):

• apt-get install git make gcc mysql-server libmysqlclient-dev zlib1g-dev libpcre3-dev screen

is this too outdated or am i doing something wrong?

9 hours ago, Blubkeks said:

Hey. Can i use a MySQL dB from Other Server ? Because i have too

It should be possible if you change it on sql_connection file (https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/stable/conf/global/sql_connection.conf#L46) but I wouldn't recommend doing so as this will probably make queries take longer.

5 hours ago, hadiesyafiq said:

Need help...i just rent vps digitalocean debian 9 i follow the guide but not work 

what is the exact problem?

I'm new to Hercules. Because I learned developing RO private server using rAthena but I red that hercules is better on pre-renewal.

And this is my first guide here.

Am I too late for everything?

and also can I test this with local on windows 7. 

Whenever I try to execute Step C.2 i get message git not found.

I have tried to install git, but it still says the same.-

GITnotFound.png

Somehow it got solved, I'm not sure how, but I did the following:
tried "git_config --list" to receive message git_config not found, installed git using "sudo apt-get install git-core", then typed git to receive list of options, and then it started to work.

Edited by Hadrian

The guide really needs to be updated, with some screenshots and notes on what each step does.

Literally with each step I get a lot of issues.

At the moment I can't do steps in D part, because they lead to non existing files, such as "nano conf/inter-server.conf"
That file does not exist in conf folder.

Edited by Hadrian

I have been trying to set up online server for two days, and somehow no one knows what to do?
How am i supposed to do this with outdated guides, that don't work for latest release?
it could be much easier if the guide was something than a monkey task - watch and repeat, but the way it's written - watch and repeat, I really don't understand much, and can't go around issues on my own.

Hi everyone! i am a newbie and got no idea about programming, kinda wanna learn how to make this. First question is, are you required to subscribe to those server things that he posted? if yes, why? anyone willing to help and guide a complete idiot?

On 4/24/2020 at 4:24 AM, codes said:

Hi everyone! i am a newbie and got no idea about programming, kinda wanna learn how to make this. First question is, are you required to subscribe to those server things that he posted? if yes, why? anyone willing to help and guide a complete idiot?

If you don't understand completely how to run. Here watch and learn visually here and how, its a bit different but much easy to understand while watching it running from scratch to finish

Edited by Chatterboy

So when I run rsu-kro-rag-lite-updater (step II.A) it gives a "mirror server down, try again later" error. Always.

I've also tried getting the most up-to-date version of this from here: http://nn.ai4rei.net/dev/rsu/

and I get the error "failed to retrieve 1_patch.txt"

What's going on here? What do I do? Is this guide out of date too, or do i just need to wait?

Edit - I've also tried installing the up-to-date kRO client from here: 

and ran the patcher it comes with.... the updater there says mirror server is down.

Edited by Vejova
more info