jaiko23

Thor Patcher changing names

Question

how can i fix this? when i uploaded some sprites, ex. data/sprites/ÀÌÆÑÆ® , the ÀÌÆÑÆ® was turned into something else, i forgot whats the exact name, but it did change it into something else. any idea how to to deal with this?

bump?

5 answers to this question

I got this problem too because I have a japanese computer. You need to rename the folder with Korean name, then select unicode in the thor file generator. Tell me if it fix your problem.

Edited by Monsieur Panda

I got this problem too because I have a japanese computer. You need to rename the folder with Korean name, then select unicode in the thor file generator. Tell me if it fix your problem.

gonna try this, thanks, ill reply the results

no good, its still not working, still changing the name post-10011-0-23235500-1471284523_thumb.png

Edited by jaiko23

Can you explain how exactly you do it? This looks mostly like an encoding issue

Your GRF is broken. Other than deleting the files manually in it, there's no way to fix this. The issue comes from the patch file you're sending; you chose the wrong encodings when you made it.

If you use Thor Generator, you have to select ANSI instead of Unicode, since you aren't using Korean file names.

If you use GRF Editor to make the thor patch, the file encodings are handled semi-automatically:

File > New > New Thor > add your files.

Select "root" > Container options > Changing "Patching mode" to "Merge into GRF".

Save and send that instead.