jasonch

[R]Client Modification/Diff

Question

Hello guys!
Since there's:

// The maximum weight for a character to carry when the character stops healing naturally. (in %)
natural_heal_weight_rate: 70

Can I request for client mod that the lines: "HP/SP will not be restored when your carried...." & "Your HP/SP are now being restored.." will only appear when the char is at/from 70% weight. Additionally the weight in Alt+V will only color to red when at 70% weight.

And another thing, is there a way to direct a usable item to a line in msgstringtable.txt when used? I made a custom Field Manual but it doesn't say in the chatbox anything like it is on the default Field Manual.

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

You need to edit status icon for SI_WEIGHTOVER50. Use Dastgir's guide to help you: http://herc.ws/board/topic/7526-guide-adding-new-status-icons/

Edit msgstringtable.txt to have it display the amount you want. Just ctrl+f it.
HP/SP will not be restored when your carried weight is over 50% of the Weight Limit.#
You can't use Skills or Attack while your carried weight is over 90% of your Weight Limit.#

If you want a custom message for an item you can use the dispbottom() script command.

@Myriad  Sorry for late response, was out on the weekend.

I edited all of these but the messages still appear at 50% weight, the status icon and the effect are correctly displaying when at 70%. I'm thinking this can be attained thru src editing, but don't know how.