Cabrera

[Release] 2018 Clients translated tipbox

Hello everyone, I present to you a modified tip box which has been completely translated to English. 

Tested on: 2018-04-04c RagexeRE and worked like a charm.

In your System folder in Client side, replace your tipbox.lub with my translated tipbox i have attached below:

tipbox.lub

Then, Patch your client with whatever settings you want and then open the patched client in hexeditor ( I used XV132 for this)

IMPORTANT NOTE : Make sure you hex a "patched" client. DO NOT do it on an unpatched client or else NEMO will show errors for random "recommended patches" that you select while patching it.

Find the following and replace with hex for english translation :

for checkbox: BD C3 C0 DB C7 D2 20 B6 A7 20 BF AD B1 E2
English translation: 53 61 76 65 20 54 69 70 3F 20 20 20 20 20

for close button : B4 DD B1 E2
English translation : 44 6F 6E 65

(korean translation of close has only 4 strings so I had to replace it with "Done" to match the string size -_-)

OR go to your NEMO folder/patches/TranslateClient.txt and add this at the end of it then patch your clients: (Thanks to @Asheraf for telling me about this xD)

M: Translate Tip box
------------------------------

F: BD C3 C0 DB C7 D2 20 B6 A7 20 BF AD B1 E2
R: 'Save Tip?'

F: B4 DD B1 E2
R: 'Done'

if you did everything as said, this will be your result :

Old tip box:

screenshot.thumb.jpg.2a152755c2a54162e828b02797491742.jpg

New translated tipbox:

5af4d14ea3581_Screennew.thumb.jpg.81e20b5ead1bfa7c9d7f54ad29b05416.jpg

-- On a funny Note, I had no clue what the korean translation for the Check box was LOL so I just randomly translated it to "Save tip?" instead cuz it was a logical solution LMAO 

Edited by Cabrera

On 11.5.2018 at 1:14 AM, Cabrera said:

-- On a funny Note, I had no clue what the korean translation for the Check box was LOL so I just randomly translated it to "Save tip?" instead cuz it was a logical solution LMAO 

It means something like "Open Tips on Login" but isn't functional. 

Anyways, I recently played a lot with the Tipbox and even "translated" the screenshots (basically I did a setup with same char in same situation etc.). But what brought me here is the problem with putting Links in the Tipbox. I saw in your release you did no linking at all. Did you encounter it as well?

The Problem is, it puts the Link Text twice and messes up as the blue text is not overlaying the original one, but is a bit more to the right.

e3238ca9d461225f6ac58ea1463cd129.png

anyone got an idea how to fix that link text?

edit: i found the \n to be the cause of the problem. without it:

c77d8dd3a80b4a69493a3b7961187268.png

15 hours ago, Ridley said:

It means something like "Open Tips on Login" but isn't functional. 

Anyways, I recently played a lot with the Tipbox and even "translated" the screenshots (basically I did a setup with same char in same situation etc.). But what brought me here is the problem with putting Links in the Tipbox. I saw in your release you did no linking at all. Did you encounter it as well?

The Problem is, it puts the Link Text twice and messes up as the blue text is not overlaying the original one, but is a bit more to the right.

e3238ca9d461225f6ac58ea1463cd129.png

anyone got an idea how to fix that link text?

edit: i found the \n to be the cause of the problem. without it:

c77d8dd3a80b4a69493a3b7961187268.png

Mine did it from scratch. putting more information and pictures

screen-ROWay000.jpg screen-ROWay001.jpgscreen-ROWay004.jpgscreen-ROWay002.jpg screen-ROWay003.jpg

Interesting. I wonder if it's my class clientversion or a diff I use.

But yours can also display those >> arrows, which Langtype do you use? They don't work in Langtype 1

@Ridley  @Haikenz Hi! I just want to ask how did you manage to change the picture at the left side of the tip box?

I am using 2018-06-21aRagexeRE client, and the default translation from zackdreaver but the image doesnt seem to load and it's looking for a sprite file which i'm so confused. Someone help me please!

Untitled.jpg.fb7a9d81a75873e3e671296424f3b458.jpg

Edited by wakefield21

@Haikenz how did you manage to do that arrow thingy (>>) and how did you manage to make the text and the link overlap each other, because the link is a little bit on the right of the text. Can you please teach us on how did you do it? thanks!

On 5/12/2020 at 12:02 PM, Mccloud said:

Has anyone managed to solve the overlayer text problem?

This just workaround, The newline "\n" is causing overlapping text, so just move the symbol, e.g. ▶ out of <TIPBOX>.

For example:

"This is normal text\nSecond Line\n▶ <TIPBOX>Just The Tip <INFO>LINK_ID</INFO></TIPBOX>"

I try this and it's worked!

Edited by TheNR