ScriptingPhailure

Changing/Adding bonuses and effects for player made items

Question

Getting back into RO after a 4 year hiatus. 

I just wanted to know if there's a way to change the effects or add to player made items such as blacksmith made weapons.

For example make it possible to increase the damage per star crumb used on a very, very strong elemental weapon 

or Add the ability to add darkness, holy, undead, and ghost elemental to a player forged weapon.

Also the ability to increase ranker bonus, for example making alchemist on the top 10 have a larger healing bonus per potion they make. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by ScriptingPhailure

2 answers to this question

Yea, I looked into it. Glad I'm on the right track but how would I go about implementing the option to add holy,undead,dark etc elements to blacksmith crafted weapons and increasing ranker bonus for alchemist potions?

/-- Katana <-- BS_TWOHANDSWORD & 35 Iron, 15 Horrendous Mouth

Taking from the produce DB, the blacksmith skill when forging a katana calls to item 1116. But blacksmith weapons have no slots. So Where would I be able to adjust this? 

Like if a Very Very strong Ice katana was made: It's clearly not a premade weapon in the item db because the skill calls for the item id of 1116 (normal katana with 3 slots)

So where is it calling the info from and being stored?

Edit: So I think I found where the info is being called from:

for(i=0,sc=0,ele=0;i<3;i++){ //Note that qty should always be one if you are using these!
		int j;
		if( slot[i]<=0 )
			continue;
		j = pc->search_inventory(sd,slot[i]);
		if (j == INDEX_NOT_FOUND)
			continue;
		if( slot[i]==ITEMID_STAR_CRUMB ) {
			pc->delitem(sd, j, 1, 1, DELITEM_NORMAL, LOG_TYPE_PRODUCE); // FIXME: is this the correct reason flag?
			sc++;
		}
		if( slot[i] >= ITEMID_FLAME_HEART && slot[i] <= ITEMID_GREAT_NATURE && ele == 0 ) {
			static const int ele_table[4]={3,1,4,2};
			pc->delitem(sd, j, 1, 1, DELITEM_NORMAL, LOG_TYPE_PRODUCE); // FIXME: is this the correct reason flag?
			ele=ele_table[slot[i]-994];
		}
	}

But I still have no idea how to change the star crumb bonus from +5 to a different value.

I would also like to add different items that give a different bonus, like less weight, more aspd, unbreakable quality and etc.

Edited by ScriptingPhailure
Added codebox