The Lua portion of this guide is plain wrong.

NEVER write-protect stuff in the savedata folder, unless you do not want the client to change your settings.

If you have errors about the setting variables OptionInfoList and CmdOnOffList, check if you have the Lua setting defaults in "<your RO folder>System" or "<your RO folder>SystemLuaFiles514", for older (Lua 5.0.2) or newer (Lua 5.1.4) clients respectively. If you do not, you may to obtain the original files, or compile yourself at least a OptionInfo.lub from OP's OptionInfo.lua.

Healthy kRO savedata and system folders:

RO/savedata/OptionInfo.lua /* client/setup settings go here */RO/System/itemInfo.lubRO/System/itemInfo_Sak.lubRO/System/monster_size_effect.lubRO/System/monster_size_effect_sak.luaRO/System/monster_size_effect_sak.lubRO/System/MsgString.lubRO/System/OptionInfo.lub /* defaults for Lua 5.0.2 clients */RO/System/ShadowTable.lubRO/System/Towninfo.lubRO/System/Font/NHCgogo_10.eotRO/System/Font/NHCgogo_12.eotRO/System/Font/RixDiary_10.eotRO/System/Font/RixFreshman_10.eotRO/System/Font/RixJJangu_10.eotRO/System/Font/RixKid_10.eotRO/System/Font/RixLoveangel_10.eotRO/System/Font/RixLoveangel_12.eotRO/System/Font/RixMagic_10.eotRO/System/Font/RixMiniHeart_10.eotRO/System/Font/RixNHCgogo_10.eotRO/System/Font/RixSquirrel_12.eotRO/System/Font/RixSquirrel_10.eotRO/System/LuaFiles514/MsgString.lubRO/System/LuaFiles514/OptionInfo.lub /* defaults for Lua 5.1.4 clients */

Hello, does anyone here that can fix these errors? after converting my GRF Files from Lua to Lub file, these errors that i've got.

I hope, someone can help me here, Thanks in Advance and sorry for my poor english and for the newbie question :)

8slK1.jpg

Hello, does anyone here that can fix these errors? after converting my GRF Files from Lua to Lub file, these errors that i've got.

I hope, someone can help me here, Thanks in Advance and sorry for my poor english and for the newbie question :)

8slK1.jpg

Update your Lua Files :) try to use Client Translation Project

8slK1.jpg

Update your Lua Files :) try to use Client Translation Project

Edited by soul213

Sir I'm getting reject from server when choosing a character... please help meee. T_T

any map-server error? 

Sir I'm getting reject from server when choosing a character... please help meee. T_T

any map-server error? 

I don't have but I think the source is the packet that i'm using... I changed my client version then I've got that error... How do I fix this?

and also how to change the language to english?

Thank You.

any map-server error? 

I don't have but I think the source is the packet that i'm using... I changed my client version then I've got that error... How do I fix this?

and also how to change the language to english?

Thank You.

Edit src/common/mmo.h

#define PACKETVER 20131223

Change 20131223 to your client date.

i foloow your guide but with the

2013-12-23Ragexe_Full_Client

however when i try login.. i can, i got the Server(0) screen, but in that time i got this error on the emu

[status]: Connection of the account 'USUARIO' accepted.
[info]: Closed connection from 'MYIP'.

Someone knows why this happn T_T 

my server wont crash, ,i just can login but cant access to my char or map >.<

Thanks =(

however when i try login.. i can, i got the Server(0) screen, but in that time i got this error on the emu

Thanks =(

Not good on client side (dunno how many times I ever say this on a single week :P) but last time it happened to me, it was because of a misconfiguration either in the other servers' IP at conf/char-server.conf and conf/map-server.conf. If you're setting it as a local test webserver, please try with their default values (commented) so that server will autodetect. You'll receive warning messages but that worked for me.

Thanks =(

Not good on client side (dunno how many times I ever say this on a single week :P) but last time it happened to me, it was because of a misconfiguration either in the other servers' IP at conf/char-server.conf and conf/map-server.conf. If you're setting it as a local test webserver, please try with their default values (commented) so that server will autodetect. You'll receive warning messages but that worked for me.

LOL woo!! thanks a lot...

sorry i didnt touch an emu since long time ago T_T

Thanks!!! <3

When I select the server i get disconnected. Everything is working fine in the emulator, i got no errors...

error3.png ... 

NO_ERRORS.png

Edit src/common/mmo.h

and change

#define PACKETVER yyyymmdd

to your client date, and recompile.

When I select the server i get disconnected. Everything is working fine in the emulator, i got no errors...

error3.png ... 

NO_ERRORS.png

Edit src/common/mmo.h

and change

#define PACKETVER yyyymmdd

to your client date, and recompile.

still not working...  :wacko:

Edited by kaizenbaren

kRO 2013 Client Set-Up

Prepared by: Tian

Date Created: July 09, 2013
Version: 1.0

Table of Contents
  1. Pre-Requisite Items  
  2. Client Set-Up Instructions  
  3. Additional Info 
  4. Known Issues 
  5. Credits & References

I. Pre-Requisite Items:
- clean kRO folder (make sure it’s fully patched!)
Demo1.png
- Updated Data Folder/System Folder (Download the latest Data Folder)
Demo2.png

II. Client Set-Up Instructions
1. Copy your Clean KRO Folder (to back-up your kRO)
2. Extract and Copy the Contents of Data Folder v4(or latest rev) to the clean kRO Folder 
3. Open kRO/data/clientinfo.xml update the code
Search <servertype></servertype> Set it to primary  Search <langtype></langtype> Set it to 0 

Sample:

Demo5.png

4. Edit the trunk >Hercules/src/common/mmo.h then build the solutions

Search     	#define PACKETVER YYYYMMDD And match it with the date version you choosed for your client ex:	#define PACKETVER 20130522  Clean and re-build the solution of your emulator after it !!!

5. Place luatolub.bat inside the kRO/data/luafiles514 and run it to convert the luas to lub

Demo3.png

6. Copy and paste the launcher to the kRO folder (loki.exe, loki.ini, loki skin folder) from the Demo Package
Demo6.png
7. Copy and paste the Client.exe to the kRO folder (LocalRO.exe) from the Demo Package

8. Open the file kRO/savedata/OptionInfo.lua and change the code to: (If no file exists, create one)
CmdOnOffList = {  ["/battlemode"] = 0,  ["/notrade"] = 0,  ["/noshift"] = 0,  ["/noctrl"] = 1,  ["/skillfail"] = 1,  ["/notalkmsg"] = 0,  ["/notalkmsg2"] = 0,  ["/showname"] = 1,  ["/fog"] = 1,  ["/aura"] = 1,  ["/window"] = 0,  ["/miss"] = 1,  ["/q1"] = 0,  ["/q2"] = 0,  ["/effect"] = 1,  ["/bgm"] = 1,  ["/sound"] = 1,  ["/loginout"] = 1,  ["/shopping"] = 1,  ["/stateinfo"] = 1,  ["/snap"] = 0,  ["/itemsnap"] = 0,  ["/skillsnap"] = 1,  ["/hoai"] = 0,  ["/merai"] = 0,  ["/camera"] = 0,  ["/btg"] = 1,  ["/lightmap"] = 1}OptionInfoList = {  Window_XPos = -1,  Window_YPos = -1,  Trilinear = 0,  Bgm_Volume = 100,  Effect_Volume = 100,  AutoOpen1to1Window = 1,  AutoOpen1to1Window_Friend = 1,  PlaySound_Open1to1Window = 1,  Simplicity_SkillList = 0,  Show_SkillDescript = 0,  ChangeChatMode = 1,  LockMouse = 0,  ChannelCopID = 0,  Outdoor_ViewLatitude = -45,  Outdoor_ViewDistance = 400,  Indoor_ViewLatitude = -45,  Indoor_ViewDistance = 300,  SkinName = "<Basic Skin>",  MouseExclusive = 1,  WIDTH=800,  HEIGHT=600,  BITPERPIXEL=16}

9. Right-Click the OptionInfo.lua and click on Properties, tick the Read-Only option

Demo4.png
10. Run the server and open loki.exe(the launcher) and log-in
Demo7.png

cashshop.png
mounts.png
kagerou.png

CREDITS & REFERENCES:

1. Credits to Shakto for the Guide:
2. Credits to Alexandria for the Data Folder:
3. Credits to mleo1 for the Loki Launcher:
4. Credits to zackdreaver for the Client SetUp revert issue fix:

Notes:
Suggestions are welcome in order to make the guide more easier to follow and to make it more accurate. Thanks  :D

Not Included in the Guide but options:
1. Client-Diffing 
2. ROCred (alternative to loki)

I just downloaded the 20150601 version client

Where can I find the LocalRO.exe files?
I suppose this is the file we execute when we want to play? Do I need to build it? How?

Can you tell me what these files for:

- ragexe.exe
- ragexeRE.exe
- ragnarok.exe
- ragnarok_re.exe

I dont know which one is the .exe I need to execute to run the game

Edited by noobsee