anacondaq

Ragnarok Offline Newbie Pack 2022 | Make your RO server in less then 5 minutes

31 minutes ago, onceelace said:

I tried this, but still getting 99 as the max level.

You must recompile the server..

On 4/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, EIunium said:

following the guide from annieRuru i still can't figure out how to fix the un-walkable 2nd floor of criatura academy. ive tried linking the grf-files conf to where my download old criatura / izlude map is and run the server (since mapcache is already integrated with hercules map-server) it changes the map, but 2nd floor is still un-walkable. is there a fix for this yet? 

UPDATE!
- i fixed it by copying pre-re mapcache of iz_ac02 etc. maps on the re folder in hercules\maps\ folder. 

this issue may seem not such a big deal for servers with Job changers, but for official-like ones, it does. 

hi i ran into the same problem with iz_ac02 being unwalkable

can you describe what you did to solve it?

i'm not sure how to update mapcache/map server...

EDIT:// solved. followed instructions to compile the plugin and then generate mapcache for the problematic maps

i extracted iRO files for iz_ac01 and that seemed to work

had to download old maps for iz_ac02 though

Edited by eitopop

Hello dear Hercules users and admins,

I am running this package since a few months with very few modifications.

This setup was operating quite nicely but since a few days I am facing an issue. I made few reasearch on the forum, but unable to get a clear solution to this case. 

There are some cases of trasactions where a specific in game action cause a complete freeze.  For instance getting an MVP item, socketting a card, selling to a NPC, Resetting stats, using command "@item" ...

I am not sure whether it is the SQL server, or the emulator which is frozen, however, I can bypass the freeze by requesting a SQL server restart (yellow flag), and the action is carried out sucessfully. This solution is not viable on normal conditions, and I seek the cause of this issue.

Maybe some of you know about this issue, and have a fix? 

My SQL database has been backed up, any solution is welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance

On 5/7/2020 at 11:55 PM, Vash_Niluge said:

This setup was operating quite nicely but since a few days I am facing an issue. I made few reasearch on the forum, but unable to get a clear solution to this case. 

There are some cases of trasactions where a specific in game action cause a complete freeze.  For instance getting an MVP item, socketting a card, selling to a NPC, Resetting stats, using command "@item" ...

I am not sure whether it is the SQL server, or the emulator which is frozen, however, I can bypass the freeze by requesting a SQL server restart (yellow flag), and the action is carried out sucessfully. This solution is not viable on normal conditions, and I seek the cause of this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance

hey there bro, you can try this fix made by sir anacondaq on his earlier reply to this thread:

On 5/7/2020 at 11:55 AM, Vash_Niluge said:

Thanks a lot in advance

well its intended for local/private/testing and not for a real server

just ask someone to hook it up for you 

On 4/19/2020 at 2:48 PM, onceelace said:

some equipment are showing in items tab in your inventory, it seems like a bug. How can I fix it?

without proper info before posting on the forum - it's impossible to fix. 

On 4/19/2020 at 5:11 PM, mat yo said:

HI.. CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS FILES VIA IDM? TRY TO COPY THE LINK BUT ITS SEEM CAN'T BE READ. I'D DOWNLOADED MULTIPLE TIMES USING CHROMES BUT AT THE END IT WAS FAILED. 

There are 3 different mirrors of the same files under youtube video (description). There are no issues so far with these download links. 

optionally you can use Air Explorer, or rclone to download whole files at once via 3rd party download manager mentioned above.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:02 AM, dumb-ble-dore said:

If you wanted to run the official iRO server offline, would you just download the game and cut+paste the data.grf and other files and folders into your RO folder?

No, it's does not work like that.  The game client it's just a wrapper of logic what is calculated and stored on the server-side (emulator).

On 4/27/2020 at 2:38 PM, iJ450N said:

Hi guys im trying to add a custom item to the game but the sprite when equiped isn't showing up. Im using the make a ragnarok server in 5 minutes tutorial.

I had another problem where the wings becomes a etc item so it won't go into the equip tab.

Here is what i attempted so far

File Structure

image.png.e8b197271388ddb33f1fb5bab437f070.png

iteminfo.lua

image.png.31d8895c84ee8bef39015ddb5f8d29dc.png

accessoryid.lub

image.png.ab0e791c9ccf7e923c4cf8304ad8fbe5.png

accname.lub

image.png.890d7a8003055f5da5d5585c26849f8c.png

item_db2

image.png.94218050f8c7ec66aca707872ae2421d.png

Really appreciate any help i can get thanks!

In grf editor change encoding to korean one, your one is awful. Second -> follow any modern guides about adding customs to the server with ItemInfo.lua and lua files. http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=how+add+custom+items+iteminfo.lua&l=1

On 4/30/2020 at 6:01 AM, LotharAxe said:

Hi people, just recently downloaded the pack and found an issue with the Server Database Editor that comes with the pack. It doesn't seem to be compatible with the database at all since it errors horribly with almost every single file in the database. Is anyone else having the same issues, or is there a work around?

This is not hard to fix it for it's owner, but he for his private reasons will not do it.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:00 AM, skempertush said:

Issue Solved: It was map-server.conf map_ip and char-server.conf char_ip

Hi. I'm having issue opening the server outside my LAN.

Inside LAN no problem connecting.

Outside LAN, able to login and see the server, but failed to connect when going to character server.

Ports 6900, 5121 and 6121 is open on portchecker website.

Also there any updated guide to do

-Packet Obfuscation with Custom Keys

-MD5

-SecureGRF

all of these features will not help.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:32 PM, onceelace said:

How to change the max level to 255/120?

Thank you.

Read guides, need to work or optimize by reading and understanding structure of files what need to edit and do it by yourself.

There are a lot of info, and this process pretty hard, and consume a lot of time. Google over athena boards for answers or ready solutions.

On 5/2/2020 at 9:34 PM, flukeptnp said:

How to fix about aspd bug. 

How to fix ASPD bug. Thank you.

Can you add more info? There are not aspd bugs as far as I know 

On 5/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, KENGisREAL said:

Hello, I have a problem. I can't up all skill Genetic (using the @skillall command, I can not up all skills).

Genetic.jpg

??? who knows, can't reproduce, try to do the same thing on another character. 

On 5/6/2020 at 1:38 PM, ManokStreZ said:

Help what happen? i dont understand nothing

234.png

The app write to you what is happening, and I already answered  what to do (or close app what uses a port, or change 80 port to 81 or something like that)

On 5/7/2020 at 6:55 PM, Vash_Niluge said:

Thanks a lot in advance

Everything looks like you have corrupted tables inside database. The solution for fixing all tables (repair all mysql tables) you can inside readme.md, read the guide please. 

2 minutes ago, Naruto said:

Can use this on a vps and run it as my official server? Or there will be any problem?

great guide! 10/10

its literally 1 click server set up!!

Thank you so much sir. 

Im a newbie and just setup this package and its works like a charm.

Just wondering on how to setup this and play with 4 of my friends using hamachi?

I've read a lot on google on setting up on hamachi but cant find the proper one.

I Tried Following this Guide

I tried editing conf>char>char-server.conf and conf>map>map-server.conf and change Char server ip/Map server ip to hamachi.

When i start to runserver.bat I got this error msg

Any help on setting this up on hamachi? 

321.PNG

Edited by Saiexe

If you want to use hamachi, i think you don't have to change anything...

Just edit the ip in clientinfo xml-file for your friends (ragnarokgamefolder/data) from 127.0.0.1 to something like 192.168.1.11 or so (open cmd->ipconfig to find out you lan-ip, or check in hamachi).

iirc, this should work then...

Good Day,

Many thanks to all of you who took time to reply and explain.

On 5/9/2020 at 1:55 AM, anacondaq said:

Everything looks like you have corrupted tables inside database. The solution for fixing all tables (repair all mysql tables) you can inside readme.md, read the guide please. 

Yes thank you!! This is exactly what the problem was.  I took time to read (the manual) and found some relevant information, I was unaware of.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:49 AM, csktwyr said:

hey there bro, you can try this fix made by sir anacondaq on his earlier reply to this thread:

You saved my bacon with this one quote, It worked ! All of the package is currently running on a PC that goes into sleep mode frequently => damaged db due to incorrect shutdown. I understand that I need to either apply a proper shutdown procedure of the server when quitting, or to run the SQL / Emulator on a dedicated server that stays permenantly on.

On 5/9/2020 at 1:33 AM, Naruto said:

It is too small of a "server" to bother someone with all the hassle (file exchange, DB backups, confs). The issue is solved, and I hope I can manage to get the next one fixed by reading documentation and these posts .

Thanks again to all of you for the support, and for this well designed package.

Thank you 1,000,000+ times.
I love this game too much. I think I will play this game until end of my life.

I love to travel each map with beautiful OST .

I love to read conversation between NPC that can help me improve my English skill.

Thanks again from Thailand.

First of all, thank you for your hard-work and dedication for making this whole process works so easily for all of us. However, I was wondering if there is any guides or tutorials on how to run Offline Server using different RO client other than kRO? For example iRO, jRO and etc. I tried googling both Hercules and Athena related info but they all also point toward using kRO client. Or could I modified included kRO client files with files from the other servers?

On 5/10/2020 at 4:57 PM, rayleigh said:

Can use this on a vps and run it as my official server? Or there will be any problem?

great guide! 10/10

its literally 1 click server set up!!

Thank you so much sir. 

Yes, you can, on windows vps.

On 5/11/2020 at 6:01 AM, Saiexe said:

Im a newbie and just setup this package and its works like a charm.

Just wondering on how to setup this and play with 4 of my friends using hamachi?

I've read a lot on google on setting up on hamachi but cant find the proper one.

I Tried Following this Guide

I tried editing conf>char>char-server.conf and conf>map>map-server.conf and change Char server ip/Map server ip to hamachi.

When i start to runserver.bat I got this error msg

Any help on setting this up on hamachi? 

321.PNG

I do not know how to organize it to work with hamachi, because did not tried it before. Sorry, can't help.

On 5/11/2020 at 12:09 PM, yani9o said:

If you want to use hamachi, i think you don't have to change anything...

Just edit the ip in clientinfo xml-file for your friends (ragnarokgamefolder/data) from 127.0.0.1 to something like 192.168.1.11 or so (open cmd->ipconfig to find out you lan-ip, or check in hamachi).

iirc, this should work then...

On 5/11/2020 at 8:19 PM, xipsord said:

Can I update the episodes or add the equipaments from Edda/Bio5/Ein3/Odin3 in the server?

thx for the pack :)

Oh, this is very sad, but some of the content missing. I personally can't work on this due to super busy time in my life.

Try to ask some contributors or script writters about porting content to hercules.. Might be someone will help... 

On 5/12/2020 at 2:30 PM, Vash_Niluge said:

Good Day,

Many thanks to all of you who took time to reply and explain.

Yes thank you!! This is exactly what the problem was.  I took time to read (the manual) and found some relevant information, I was unaware of.

You saved my bacon with this one quote, It worked ! All of the package is currently running on a PC that goes into sleep mode frequently => damaged db due to incorrect shutdown. I understand that I need to either apply a proper shutdown procedure of the server when quitting, or to run the SQL / Emulator on a dedicated server that stays permenantly on.

It is too small of a "server" to bother someone with all the hassle (file exchange, DB backups, confs). The issue is solved, and I hope I can manage to get the next one fixed by reading documentation and these posts .

Thanks again to all of you for the support, and for this well designed package.

You're welcome 😃

On 5/14/2020 at 7:25 AM, CrossKiller said:

Thank you 1,000,000+ times.
I love this game too much. I think I will play this game until end of my life.

I love to travel each map with beautiful OST .

I love to read conversation between NPC that can help me improve my English skill.

Thanks again from Thailand.

You're welcome 😃

On 5/17/2020 at 7:43 PM, atomicmeaw said:

First of all, thank you for your hard-work and dedication for making this whole process works so easily for all of us. However, I was wondering if there is any guides or tutorials on how to run Offline Server using different RO client other than kRO? For example iRO, jRO and etc. I tried googling both Hercules and Athena related info but they all also point toward using kRO client. Or could I modified included kRO client files with files from the other servers?

No, you can't. Only clients that you can find on the board. Nothing really else. You can't to see iRO content too. The emulator very different in some things, but at the same time a lot of formulas are correct. The emulator stick to kRO instead of iRO.

Hi there.

I hope you're doing well, I'm trying to connect to the server but it seems it can detect that I'm only, thus my it won't connect me to the game, but when I tried to disconnect my internet and open up the server it went smoothly. what should I do to block the application from using the internet? I'm using AVAST as my anti virus.