Vejova

Help setting up pre-re client in 2020

Question

Hey, so I've tried 4+ different guides for how to set up a client, and none of them are working for me. I don't know enough about how all of this is supposed to work to know what I'm doing wrong, so I've got... a few questions...

1) What is the most up-to-date client creation/setup guide?

I've tried: One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, repeatedly over the last few days, and none of them have worked. Most of them fail at the GRF/clientinfo.xml stage. Like this.

2) I want to set up a pre-renewal server, as up-to-date as possible. What versions of kRO and RAGEXE work best, and what really matters? Can I use the newest KRO or do I need to hunt down one from a specific time period like 2017?

3) At this point, what all do I even need?

- KRO full - which one?

- RAGEXE - which one?

- NEMO - current?

- GRF EDITOR

- the translation project? Both, or just Pre-re?

- opensetup?

- an updated rsu-kro-rag-lite?

- template for clientinfo.xml?

- my sanity back?

Thanks in advance. If someone can actually help me get this working I will rewrite it into an updated guide that noobs like me can understand 😜

Edited by Vejova
added links

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Vejova said:

Hey, so I've tried 4+ different guides for how to set up a client, and none of them are working for me. I don't know enough about how all of this is supposed to work to know what I'm doing wrong, so I've got... a few questions...

1) What is the most up-to-date client creation/setup guide?

I've tried: One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, repeatedly over the last few days, and none of them have worked. Most of them fail at the GRF/clientinfo.xml stage. Like this.

2) I want to set up a pre-renewal server, as up-to-date as possible. What versions of kRO and RAGEXE work best, and what really matters? Can I use the newest KRO or do I need to hunt down one from a specific time period like 2017?

3) At this point, what all do I even need?

- KRO full - which one?

- RAGEXE - which one?

- NEMO - current?

- GRF EDITOR

- the translation project? Both, or just Pre-re?

- opensetup?

- an updated rsu-kro-rag-lite?

- template for clientinfo.xml?

- my sanity back?

Thanks in advance. If someone can actually help me get this working I will rewrite it into an updated guide that noobs like me can understand 😜

I use all latest 

exe for Pre-RE 2015-05-13aRagexe here is my project and some download links are here too I HOPE this help you A LOT (click Here) if not well its up to you dude ^_^

3 hours ago, Chatterboy said:

I use all latest 

exe for Pre-RE 2015-05-13aRagexe here is my project and some download links are here too I HOPE this help you A LOT (click Here) if not well its up to you dude ^_^

Thank you! I will try this following your video and see how it goes.