Khonsu

Some help needed

Question

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to add in custom items into my server but for some reason when I summon the item into my inventory its a Unknown Item. How ever I can equip it and it shows the sprite and such correctly.  ive uploaded the iteminfo.lua, accessoryid and accname.lub files. Im stomped and I can't figure out for the life of me whats causing this issuescreenRiftRO002.thumb.jpg.f127e0efa8ffcecd02db39af568e3ec0.jpg

itemInfo.lua accessoryid.lub accname.lub

4 answers to this question

hello, the error is in the view of your item, where it is inside the folder of your emulator called db, the view of your item, you must put
the view, I'll give you an example of an item view

{
    Id: 5008
    AegisName: "Puppy_Love"
    Name: "Puppy Love"
    Type: "IT_ARMOR"
    Buy: 20
    Weight: 100
    Def: 1
    Job: {
        All: true
        Novice: false
    }
    Loc: "EQP_HEAD_TOP"
    Refine: false
    ViewSprite: 94 // see this and the image view, if you are using the original item.
},

If you happen to be, you are not using items from the bro, and you are using your own custom item,
I recommend creating a view, inside this of the datainfo folder. just look for the number of the viewSprite that is,
At the top of the files where the date of your folder is the date of your game.
Because I do not remember the name of the file, after finding and placing your view or rather saying the number of the image of your item,
You must put the view number on your item as well.
If you happen to be using a consumable item, you don't need a view, just a name.

Edited by Ihurybro

Well I managed to fix the item issue, but now im facing another issue. When ever I summon the item to my inventory my client crashes. But how ever when logging back in the item is in my inventory. Im able to put it on and take it off. I can drop the item but picking it up crashes the client again but apon relogging the item is in my inventory. I don't get whats going on.

Make sure everything is on their right file directories. It could be your drop sprite. Instead of taking a few steps back, I recommend to do a fresh install of your custom items. But yea, depends on you if you just want to take few steps back.

8 hours ago, Khonsu said:

Well I managed to fix the item issue, but now im facing another issue. When ever I summon the item to my inventory my client crashes. But how ever when logging back in the item is in my inventory. Im able to put it on and take it off. I can drop the item but picking it up crashes the client again but apon relogging the item is in my inventory. I don't get whats going on.

This is because the bmp file from item folder is not there

GRF Path : data/texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/item

EDIT : sprite and act name must be the same with bmp file in collection and item folder

Edited by Kuya Jeo