Question

My client says "Disconnected from server (0)", my server gives me this [INFO]:

image.png.a6c0de8d61ecdaad21bbf15c201c48b7.png

Can someone give me a hand on this? :)

Edited by bbicudo

8 answers to this question

you not show any server errors or disconnect messages after subnet check

Yes this is the last message shown

Also, if i try to reconnect the client stops working and i have to open task manager to close it.

Using 20180620 Ragexe

image.thumb.png.c58fd3ffe8e69a79e4234209b73f5579.png

image.thumb.png.843bb4ca1a9450562eca3f180fdf4b24.png

Acho que você colocou o IP público e está tentando acessar com o IP privado.

Vá em conf/network.conf e coloca como

lan_subnets: (
    "127.0.0.1:255.0.0.0",
    "SEU IP:255.255.255.0",
)

I answered on portuguese for @johnlincon earlier, but here follows the translation to EN, as it's the forum area default language (sorry for the delay).

English readers:

lan_subnets is defined as "0.0.0.0:0.0.0.0" to accept any traffic (this is a test servet used only for development purposes, so i'm not concerned about security for this one hehe).

It's a "border server", which means i don't have any routers/firewall between it and the internet. IP address isn't dynamic.

I'm connecting from home (186.195.X.Y network) to my server on other location (187.21.X.Y).

Should i still change my lan_subnets? (Network configuration is tricky on the emulator XD)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PT-BR

O lan subnets está como 0.0.0.0 pra aceitar qualquer tráfego (esse é um servidor de teste/desenvolvimento, então eu não estou prezando muito por segurança nele rs).

É um servidor de borda, não está atrás de nenhum roteador/firewall, e o IP público está setado direto em interface. 

São duas redes distintas, a do servidor é uma e a do meu PC (186) é outra. Coloco ainda assim no lan_subnets? (a configuração de rede é meio confusa XD)

Edited by bbicudo

Tried to change lan_subnets. Error persisted.

New error just appeared: When i get to character selection page and select a char to login, client hangs and "stop responding", so that i have to use task manager to close it.

Things are getting worse 😰

Using 20180620 Ragexe with "Recommended Patches" + "load external korea external settings" only (for testing)

Can someone help me to get this to work? I just want to make it run to play T.T

Edited by bbicudo

your last message from char server. this mean client never connected to map server

may be you using wrong configs or something else is wrong.

you can try logging plugin and log all packets what server send and receive (it will leak your passwords, ips, etc) and post logs here

here is plugin https://github.com/HerculesWS/StaffPlugins/tree/master/4144/packetlogger2

15 minutes ago, 4144 said:

your last message from char server. this mean client never connected to map server

may be you using wrong configs or something else is wrong.

you can try logging plugin and log all packets what server send and receive (it will leak your passwords, ips, etc) and post logs here

here is plugin https://github.com/HerculesWS/StaffPlugins/tree/master/4144/packetlogger2

is there any "how to" on how to use this plugin? I copied it into src/plugins but i don't know what to do next 😕 (i'm still a newbie in ragnarok emulators, sorry)

OK, let's talk about my progress on this issue:

Changed client to 20120410a-Ragexe, which has everything i need and works well.

I'm able to login to my server, past character selection a few times without major problems.

The issues now are:

- 2/3 of login tryes returns "unable to connect to server" without any errors server side.
- Changing character return "unable to connect to server" with "Subnet Check:Wan" info on server side.

I testes to see if the client was able to connect to the server informing a wrong password, and everytime i put in a wrong password i get "[Notice]: Invalid password", which means client and server are talking to each other, but i don't know why sometimes i'm "unable to connect to server" :)