Both formats will need some work.

Originally I thought, RAR might be easier, but turns out, unrar expects a physical file, rather than an arbitrary data stream (patches are only offloaded to disk, if the OS deems that necessary). There are also few the problems with RAR6, but should be fixable in a way or another.

ZIP should be relatively easy.

There won't be support for password-protection and encryption.

Edited by Ai4rei

Yes, this belongs to the same group of software as Thor Patcher.

If there will be interest for that, there can be support for THOR files, too. Currently it can only work with GPF and RGZ.

Edited by Ai4rei

It would be great if it could support THOR files and encrypted grf so we could use this instead of Thor Patcher, without those, this patcher would only work for official data and official servers

Edited by MrSky

Elurair already supports updating encrypted GRFs/GPFs (such as SecureGRF).

Normally there is no added benefit to using Thor files other than compatibility with previous patcher, since Thor files are not encrypted as far as I know.

2022-01-22:

- ZIP support complete

- RAR is held until I'm bored enough to enter that source code abyss and figure out, how to make it open something other than files

Edited by Ai4rei

Updated to 2.1.0, adds support for ZIP archives and reflects builder and configuration improvements based on community feedback.

Updated to 2.2.0, adds support for self-updating and fixes ZIP archives would not be extracted.

Edited by Ai4rei

Updated to 2.3.0, adds 3rd party patch server progress limiting and ability to use videos as background.

skal-nyancat.gif

Edited by Ai4rei

Updated to 2.5.0, adds mouse-over effect to buttons (review your skins) and fixes, among others, the patcher dead-locking when being closed during patching. There are two new localizations available, ar_EG and pt_BR.

Do you want to translate Elurair into your language? Check out the dedicated discord channel for details.

Updated to 2.7.0, adds support for deleting files, obfuscated config, more flexible patch list paths, improved UI accessibility, ja_JP localization and fixes a bunch of community reported bugs.

Updated to 2.8.0, adds custom mouse cursors, zh_CN localization and other features and improvements based on community feedback.

Updated to 2.9.0, adds button auto-clicking and perpetual renaming of files, and fixes some minor bugs.

Updated to 2.10.0, adds custom fonts and fixes some minor bugs.

Edited by Ai4rei

thanks man, I only got my account to thank people like you who give so much to people like us, thanks, I hope one day I can return something to you all guys