Sign in to follow this  
Antares

roBrowser continued - Join the effort!

Hi everyone!

In the last few years I have been continuing the development of roBrowser. I implemented many features and effects and also searched the internet for every roBrowser fork and tried to merge and finish every development that was made outside of the main repo. The client became pretty playable compared to other versions, but there is much to be done and I am short handed on people. Some awesome guys already joined and implemented/working on much needed stuff, but there is more required. I am writing to gain some attention and perhaps someone could help us in getting the client in shape. If you are not interested in development, but you can help us in acquiring information about assets/layouts/"how to do it", that would be also a huge help! I have to spend hours listening to effect sounds and watch animations and on top of all translate their names from korean/latin1 gibberish to get exactly what we need and it is a really tiring task.  If you are interested in none of those, but you have roBrowser on your server (that is unfortunately pretty outdated now), check out our version and consider using it. Everyone can use this fork and anyone can join the effort. There is only one request I have: if you implement/fix something, don't forget to open a pull request, so everyone can benefit :)

The repository is located here:
https://github.com/MrAntares/Ragna.roBrowser

And finally some screenshots that contain things we implemented/fixed, but keep in mind, everything is WIP and many things are still missing:

- Pushcart and related GUIs and other features like Forging, Brewing, Arrow Crafting, Alt+M shortcuts, Weapon sounds, Critical and combo damage display, Taming, and many more
- Status effects (coloring)
- Map Effects

image.png.81b2cbef839415320e90f98d7488730d.png

- Hard coded skill and item effects and of course sounds

image.png.07df4b4277cd094b7bf33af1f8b10110.png

- Sprite based effects
- Minimap icons
- Skillbar cooldown display (as of yet the old style, but the clock style is also in the barrel)

image.png.31cab2120138cd5bec40d73be4241013.png

It also works on mobile and we try to improve the experience by adding UI elements/features that support us in the handheld environment, like
- Full screen button in the top left corner
- Exit battle mode/ open chat on the bottom left side of the ChatBox

image.thumb.png.703853e84fd22092427b16e3c0cff193.png

Edited by Antares
typo

Looking good. I was wondering if you could share the client you're currently using? I like the old look and feel. I tried downloading from your website the 2.7GB client but whenever I click the dl icon it doesn't do anything it seems.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:53 PM, ShibaGoWroo said:

Looking good. I was wondering if you could share the client you're currently using? I like the old look and feel. I tried downloading from your website the 2.7GB client but whenever I click the dl icon it doesn't do anything it seems.

The desktop client is deprecated, since it is seriously outdated even compared to the web client. In order to make it work you have to enable popups (the site uses and old portal engine). The screenshots are made using roBrowser (https://play.ragna.ro). This is the preferred client on my server.