SrTiempo

Some issues in my client

Question

Hi! 

First of all, sorry for my english. I have some questions that I couldn't resolve it. I hope that you can help me because I'm newbie with this.

The first question and the most important for me. I don't know what is it (something about the quest?), but how can I remove it or translate it? (I attached an image). I guess if something about the data folder.

The second is, I can't see the correct names and the icons in the shops (attached an image).

And the last one: How I can remove the icons that show up over the npcs?

Thanks so much!

EDIT: I attached another image when I open the shop.

imagen.thumb.png.c1665eaf120380c5cb64e8b4cd94fda5.png

2.png

iamgen 3.png

Edited by SrTiempo

5 answers to this question

These are all related to your client Lua files.

(Note: ".lua" may be ".lub" and you may have some other suffix depending on main/RE or if you have some nemo patch renaming them)

The small yellow/white text is part of Quest UI, it is in System/OngoingQuestInfoList_True.lua

The item issue is likely related to some issue in System/ItemInfo_True.lua

The icons are in data/luafiles514/lua files/signboardlist.lub

I put the itemInfo_True.lub or lua that I got from a Ro English translation. But I got the same error.

About the icons, I tried to solved deleting the signboardlist.lub but nothing happened.

Edited by SrTiempo

it might be that your client was modified to use a different item info file. Which client are you using? and did you use "Load Custom lua file instead of iteminfo*.lub" patch on nemo? if you have used this patch, you have to use whatever name you set there.

The error in your print is saying that it tried to find the image (null).bmp, most likely it is getting something wrong while loading your lua. Did you get any error when the client starts? this may also give a hint about the issue.

--

for signboard, deleting it will make the client load from GRF, the  right way would be to edit it to not show signboards (by emptying the list of signboards)

I'm using "2020-04-01bRagexe" and yes I'm using the load custom lua file but I put the correct name when I'm building the exe with nemo. The itemInfo that I used I downloaded from the  branch master git "ROenglishRE" and I put this path to the load custom lua ->  System/itemInfo_EN.lua. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

On the other hand, I fixed it the icons, thanks so much.

EDIT: Finally I can resolved it. Thanks so much for your patiens!

I have another question, maybe is pretty silly, How I know in wich ragnarok version am I? I means, in what chapter 13.3, 15.2 (I don't know how is it going)

Edited by SrTiempo

Hercules doesn't have a "episode changer" nor an exact running episode. RO itself doesn't follow a straight line of updates around the world, as each server got different content at different times. We follow kRO, kind of.

If you are in pre-re, you are likely around 13.2, the latest episode before renewal, and you likely have most content (at least as far as I know).

For renewal, there isn't a specific episode, we are missing some stuff of pretty much every renewal episode. Like, we have Rebellion (which is from 15.x) but we don't have faceworm instance which if from 14.x.

If you check this filter in GitHub for example, you can see a few episodes and their missing/implemented content: https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+episode