legion

LUB or LUA Files?

Question

Hi, i'm using 2012/04/10 client and I can't get my custom headgears to work. I think I'm having problems with my accname.lua and accessoryid.lua

My questions are:

What is the difference between lub and lua files?

What file do I need for this client? lub or lua?

Where do I put them? In the System folder or data folder?

Can you give me the exact/correct path for each folder/file?

What is the difference between "lua files" folder and "LuaFiles514" folder?

I've also followed the guide in this link but still didn't work for me:

http://herc.ws/wiki/Custom_Items

Edited by legion

6 answers to this question

20120410 uses idnum tables and luafiles514/lua files/ folder, no system folder for that client.

Lub is compiled while lua is decompiled file.

If you had diffed with load lub before lua, your client will read lub files, else it will read lua files

The wiki link is having proper guide and locations, you should read it once again maybe.

Edited by Dastgir Pojee

So my accname.lua and accessoryid.lua should be placed in data/LuaFiles514/lua files/datainfo?

yes, and other steps as given in wiki,

p.s: lua files are case-sensitive.

Should I still do these steps even though I diffed read lua before lub:

You must compile to lub if you leave space between IDs, if you don't plan on compiling to lub, make sure you do not skip any numbers.

Delete the accname.lub and accessoryid.lub. Now that you are done, make sure luac.exe is in your datainfo folder, right click the luac.exe, create a shortcut, right click the shortcut, and click properties, in the target area, add right after the quotes, with the quotes:

-o "accessoryid.lub" "accessoryid.lua"

So that it looks something like this:

"C:Program Files (x86)GravityROdatalua filesdatainfoluac5.0.2.exe" -o "accessoryid.lub" "accessoryid.lua"

Do this also to "accname.lub" except instead of accessoryid in the quotes, do accname. If there is any lua file leftover, you may want to move it somewhere else just for future changes, like My Documents. For future reference, this is also how you turn the other lub files to lua files. 

Should I still do these steps even though I diffed read lua before lub:

You must compile to lub if you leave space between IDs, if you don't plan on compiling to lub, make sure you do not skip any numbers.

Delete the accname.lub and accessoryid.lub. Now that you are done, make sure luac.exe is in your datainfo folder, right click the luac.exe, create a shortcut, right click the shortcut, and click properties, in the target area, add right after the quotes, with the quotes:

-o "accessoryid.lub" "accessoryid.lua"

So that it looks something like this:

"C:Program Files (x86)GravityROdatalua filesdatainfoluac5.0.2.exe" -o "accessoryid.lub" "accessoryid.lua"

Do this also to "accname.lub" except instead of accessoryid in the quotes, do accname. If there is any lua file leftover, you may want to move it somewhere else just for future changes, like My Documents. For future reference, this is also how you turn the other lub files to lua files. 

You can skip this step,

however, this has some false info, you can leave any number of IDs, its not necessary to not to skip id, you dont need to delete .lub files, since it will be overwritten.instead of doing those stuff from shortcut properties, you can do that via command prompt and luac.

you dont have to bother with any compiling, just rename the lua file to lub
the client will read it fine :)

i would recommend dont diff that "lua before lub" option, because it breaks the saving of configs