Sign in to follow this  
arisgamers

about morroc map

Question

after i make new map_cache.dat for rebuilded morroc,

what will happen if in the future hercules officially update their map_cache.dat ?

which one will i keep when i pull hercules? (the one that i built, or the official one)

5 answers to this question

You'll get an update conflict if you are using Git.

Conflicts aren't bad, and if you're using TortoiseGit it warns you with a nice yellow, triangle shaped warning icon with a !. You just have to manually resolve it. In this particular case I'd just use THEIRS (the one you pulled) whole file rather than ckecking, and add the maps again if it doesn't include it. Remember WeeMapCache utility can merge existing mapcaches if you want ;).

Couldn't you just do a "chmod -w map_cache.dat" to prevent it from being over written? It seems to me that unless you are updating the client files, there is zero reason to update the map_cache.dat.

Nice question. Not a Git expert, but I however think that if you do that and Git fails to update a file, it terminates with a fatal error (didn't test, but should do since these kind of errors in control versioning should be considered as such).

I have try using new map_cache.dat, there was nothing important in the middle of morocc yet (no NPC, or anything important).

So for me is better on using official map_cache.dat to avoid conflict in the future.

thanks for all the explanation anyway.

It's normal since development of the emulator hasn't still reached to that point thus we haven't still some anything related to that yet.