Keitaro

Need some client-side information

Question

Hello!

I'm a bit confused about some things regarding the client-side of ragnarok emulators. So,

1 - Why are people using 2013 clients?

2 - Is there any updated client (2014+)?

3 - How can I use 2014 clients? Are there diffpatchers for them?

4 - In case there is no diffpatcher for 2014 clients, how can I adapt the 2013 diffpatchers to work with 2014 clients?

5 - Are the clients released by K3dt and other members the same as the kRO ragexe? Do they actually copy them and rename to the update date they correspond to release them to the community, or is there any kind of "modification" these ragexe receive so they become the date-ragexe.exe?

Thank you for your support and attention,

Keitaro.

3 answers to this question

Because it is a good client.

2014-02-05 seems stable for me, but most people ignore using it, since it requires updated data folder.

Download Client from: k3dt.eu/Ragexe/unpacked/ and use NEMO Patcher for diffing the Client.

- In case there is no diffpatcher for 2014 clients, how can I adapt the 2013 diffpatchers to work with 2014 clients? 

NEMO Patcher works till 2014-02-05(from my testings)

Are the clients released by K3dt and other members the same as the kRO ragexe?  

They are the same, except kRO Protects it(packing it via Themida), while k3dt unpacks it, so we can apply hex modifications

Do they actually copy them and rename to the update date they correspond to release them to the community, or is there any kind of "modification" these ragexe receive so they become the date-ragexe.exe? 

We Unpack it, so we can apply Hex Modifications

Because it is a good client.

2014-02-05 seems stable for me, but most people ignore using it, since it requires updated data folder.

Download Client from: k3dt.eu/Ragexe/unpacked/ and use NEMO Patcher for diffing the Client.

- In case there is no diffpatcher for 2014 clients, how can I adapt the 2013 diffpatchers to work with 2014 clients? 

NEMO Patcher works till 2014-02-05(from my testings)

Are the clients released by K3dt and other members the same as the kRO ragexe?  

They are the same, except kRO Protects it(packing it via Themida), while k3dt unpacks it, so we can apply hex modifications

Do they actually copy them and rename to the update date they correspond to release them to the community, or is there any kind of "modification" these ragexe receive so they become the date-ragexe.exe? 

We Unpack it, so we can apply Hex Modifications

thanks bro.