Thank you everyone!

Amazing, Tokeiburu! Do you plan to release the newer source? Thanks!

Yep, I just updated the code to the latest version. Some projects have been removed from the original solution though.

Grf encryption

This feature has been disabled, only decryption is possible.

Why disabled Grf encryption :( This is very functional which many user want it.

And can let this tool to support other language like big5?. (change to utf-8 code should be better)

Edited by Darkpurple

Grf encryption

This feature has been disabled, only decryption is possible.

Why disabled Grf encryption :( This is very functional which many user want it.

And can let this tool to support other language like big5?. (change to utf-8 code should be better)

You can change the encoding to anything you want. You just need to know the codepage associated with it! In your case, Big5 is 950, so go in Tools > Settings > General > Display encoding > Other... > 950. As for UTF-8, the fontstyle doesn't support it. You'll want to use UTF-7 instead, which has the codepage 65000 (edit : don't use, it will break your GRF when saving, you can use it for extracting though). A fair warning though : if the encoding isn't supported or if you see many "???", reload the GRF immediatly. It will break your GRF when saving otherwise (because the GRFs save the paths in ANSI - codepage 1252). You should be more than fine with just ANSI and Korean codepages though.

As for the encryption feature, it's still disabled because of some incompatibility with newer clients. I would like to reenable it, but testing every single client takes a long time.

Edited by Tokeiburu

Hey, Tokeiburu; Do you plan to make the Client Database Editor compatible with the newer syntax of Hercules' item_db? Thanks a lot!

@Edit

Also, the exported Lua file from the Client Database Editor is making a broken file: when the description of an item has a quotation mark, the Lua needs a backslash before the quotation mark, but the exported Lua doesn't have it and the file itself is broken.

Edited by MaminhA

Hey, Tokeiburu; Do you plan to make the Client Database Editor compatible with the newer syntax of Hercules' item_db? Thanks a lot!

@Edit

Also, the exported Lua file from the Client Database Editor is making a broken file: when the description of an item has a quotation mark, the Lua needs a backslash before the quotation mark, but the exported Lua doesn't have it and the file itself is broken.

Heya,

Sorry for the delay, CDE is already compatible with the newer syntax of Hercules (unless it has been changed again). The extension of the item_db must end with .conf though, otherwise it will use the default parser. The exported lua/txt files won't be broken anymore either, thanks for the bug report! (The file is pending validation, the link should be up soon enough.)

I remade CDE from scratch pretty much and it's now much easier to manage/modify. If you have specific requests about it, please let me know.

Edited by Tokeiburu

So how does the grf encryption works? Thanks in advance!

You will need the latest version from the mediafire link (1.6.7.5) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/aflylbhblrzpz0h

There are two ways to encrypt files, but first, you'll want to setup your client.

• Go in Tools > GRF Encryption
  • Put your encryption password in the first box (you can save the credentials to a .grfkey format if you plan on using the encryption often, but make sure this file is not shared with anyone else).
  • Select your client executable (the name of the executable cannot be changed afterwards).
  • Put your new cps.dll name. This cannot exceed 7 characters. You can simply leave it as "cps.dll", which won't require an edited client.
  • Click on Generate files. If everything went well, a window should show up with your new cps.dll file selected (and the client, if it needed modifications).
  • Screenshot below after you generate your client files.
  • Copy the new generated files to your client folder.

TNfi9mk.png

That's it for the client configuration.

As for the GRF actual encryption now... Open your GRF in GRF Editor. If you want to encrypt your entire GRF, go in Tools > GRF Encryption, click on Encrypt GRF (might ask you for your password). The process should be rather quick, the output GRF is your new encrypted GRF.

You can also encrypt specific files if you want : right-click the items you want to encrypt and use Encryption > Encrypt. Save your GRF.

j5pvjkF.png

Encrypted files will show in orange. When opening up an encrypted GRF, GRF Editor will prompt you for your credentials (hence why it's useful to save your password somewhere, then you can quickly load it with Key... > Load recent > your key.grfkey) :

4ftlgT8.png

To make encrypted Thor patches, create a new Thor file from File > New > New Thor. Add a data folder and add your files in there. This is the same process as above : right-click, Encryption > Encrypt. Make sure you use the same password/key. Go in the Container options tab and set your target GRF (as shown below). Once saving, you will no longer be able to modify your encrypted Thor patch though (the files will become unreadable). Also, always test your Thor patches to make sure everything is working fine.

zwSTo29.png

That should cover most of it xD! If you have further questions, go ahead.

So how does the grf encryption works? Thanks in advance!

You will need the latest version from the mediafire link (1.6.7.5) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/aflylbhblrzpz0h

There are two ways to encrypt files, but first, you'll want to setup your client.

• Go in Tools > GRF Encryption
  • Put your encryption password in the first box (you can save the credentials to a .grfkey format if you plan on using the encryption often, but make sure this file is not shared with anyone else).
  • Select your client executable (the name of the executable cannot be changed afterwards).
  • Put your new cps.dll name. This cannot exceed 7 characters. You can simply leave it as "cps.dll", which won't require an edited client.
  • Click on Generate files. If everything went well, a window should show up with your new cps.dll file selected (and the client, if it needed modifications).
  • Screenshot below after you generate your client files.
  • Copy the new generated files to your client folder.

TNfi9mk.png

That's it for the client configuration.

As for the GRF actual encryption now... Open your GRF in GRF Editor. If you want to encrypt your entire GRF, go in Tools > GRF Encryption, click on Encrypt GRF (might ask you for your password). The process should be rather quick, the output GRF is your new encrypted GRF.

You can also encrypt specific files if you want : right-click the items you want to encrypt and use Encryption > Encrypt. Save your GRF.

j5pvjkF.png

Encrypted files will show in orange. When opening up an encrypted GRF, GRF Editor will prompt you for your credentials (hence why it's useful to save your password somewhere, then you can quickly load it with Key... > Load recent > your key.grfkey) :

4ftlgT8.png

To make encrypted Thor patches, create a new Thor file from File > New > New Thor. Add a data folder and add your files in there. This is the same process as above : right-click, Encryption > Encrypt. Make sure you use the same password/key. Go in the Container options tab and set your target GRF (as shown below). Once saving, you will no longer be able to modify your encrypted Thor patch though (the files will become unreadable). Also, always test your Thor patches to make sure everything is working fine.

zwSTo29.png

That should cover most of it xD! If you have further questions, go ahead.

Sorry for the very late reply.. Hmm, once I used an encrypted grf, should all my thor patch be encrypted as well? Thanks!

is there is specific thor patcher version to use or it can be used in all version ?

It should, in theory, work with all recent versions of Thor Patcher. Although that cannot be guaranteed forever as I do not have control over the thor format. I doubt it'll change anytime soon and if it ever does, I'll simply update the software to support it anyway ;].

Hi~Tokeiburu,

I'd like to suggest that adding word's copy feature on search result window

so that we can easily obtain the full file pathes without retyping again.

Edited by Angelmelody

Hi~Tokeiburu,

Heya,

You can use Ctrl-C after selecting an item in the search results. The same goes for the tree view and the other folder list view. In the next release, you'll be able to copy multiple items at once though, which will be more handy than one by one.

Hi~Tokeiburu,

Heya,

You can use Ctrl-C after selecting an item in the search results. The same goes for the tree view and the other folder list view. In the next release, you'll be able to copy multiple items at once though, which will be more handy than one by one.

this tool is so awesome =D do you have any plan on doing some tool to create/edit palette (.pal) files? that would be awesome since we don't have any tool for it anymore =/ (I'm talking about hair and dye colors)

this tool is so awesome =D do you have any plan on doing some tool to create/edit palette (.pal) files? that would be awesome since we don't have any tool for it anymore =/ (I'm talking about hair and dye colors)

Well I already made a palette editor utility, which has undergone many changes over time. The last supported one has been implemented inside Act Editor and can be accessed via Edit > Palette editor... That being said, this tool may not do what you're looking (it's targeted to edit the palette of sprite files).

So... what exactly are the features you're looking for? Automatic palette generation? Just a basic palette editor? Do you want the tool to be embedded within GRF Editor (with a preview tab for instance? or simply via the Tools menu?) or as a standalone application? If you have something specific in mind, that would be greatly helpful.

Well I already made a palette editor utility, which has undergone many changes over time. The last supported one has been implemented inside Act Editor and can be accessed via Edit > Palette editor... That being said, this tool may not do what you're looking (it's targeted to edit the palette of sprite files).

So... what exactly are the features you're looking for? Automatic palette generation? Just a basic palette editor? Do you want the tool to be embedded within GRF Editor (with a preview tab for instance? or simply via the Tools menu?) or as a standalone application? If you have something specific in mind, that would be greatly helpful.

standalone or tools menu is fine, (maybe tool menu is faster and easier for you tho xD)

features I'd like

- generate random palette

- edit palette

- save palette with different patterns for names, I mean, the original RO client uses bunches of files for palette names, but actually we can use the NEMO format with SharedBodyPalettes and SharedHeadPalettes diffs so we have only 1 .pal file for all classes

- preview of character with selectable job and possibility to rotate or animate him :D

can't think of anything more

I have try to secure a folder. But its will prompt error in game

The folder is texture / À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º

I try to secure the pallete, but its not working too.

Could you be more specific? The encryption's working fine over here.

Have you updated your client files (cps.dll and client) to enable the encryption?

Could you be more specific? The encryption's working fine over here.

Have you updated your client files (cps.dll and client) to enable the encryption?

How? can you make a tutorial with a picture ?

How? can you make a tutorial with a picture ?

You can simply check the previous page ( http://herc.ws/board/topic/6047-grf-editor/?p=44463 ). This should contain enough information for your needs!

Yes my client are up to dated and I have follow your instruction.

But after encryption, I try to login, and there was an error. 

All file in grf can be encrypt right?