Sign in to follow this  
joaominhoto

[HELP] I don't know why this is happening

Question

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm new around here then if I'm posting this in the wrong area, excuse me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys I'm doing a server with a friend to be a project of our vacation. He take care of the part "server" (because he knows much more than me) and I take care of the part "client".

Its all right in these procedures:

-We redefine the IP in cientinfo with the connecting IP that he created.
-And then we established a connection via putty.

Then when I start the client that I made using the nemomaster, it opens normally and appears the white square with the server name to select (in this case, our server's name). But when I press enter to continue and go to the login and password window, the client closes.

Does anyone know the reason?
Edited by joaominhoto

2 answers to this question

be sure to select the diff  " Restore Login Window"  while diffing with NEMO.

it seems you diffed the exe for used via Launcher 

Hi, I'm "The server side guy". As I'm used to setting up the old eAthena style servers for TMW, getting hercules up and runnig wasn't much of a trouble for me, but the client side of things is getting me...

There are a few thins to which I'm pretty much clueless:

• Is there any opensource/hackable client available or patching is the way to go?
  • Which are the best or most recommended tools to patch the client? (and which client version should I use?)
  • Where and how does the client gets a copy of the game data?
  • How do I specify the server ip and port for the client? (all tutorials run the client and server on the same machine, but I don't)

As you can see by my questions I really don't know much about the technical side of Ragnarok and It's client, so fell free to point me to any good reads on those subjects.

Edited by bardes