Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
While we try not to make the forums a federal prison, we have a few rules that we would like you to follow to make your experience in Hercules better. All members are expected to follow these rules or punishments ranging from a verbal warn, a warn bar increase, moderator preview (a moderator approves all your posts), posting suspension (can see the forums but not post) and a forum suspension (can't see the forums or post) will occur.
General Posting Guidelines
- Posts may not contain SPAM. Spam is one word posts, posts with no meaning to the topic, or double/triple posts without reason. Posting in the wrong section is also not tolerated. Posts in the Off Topic section are the exception and will not count.
- Duplicate topics are not allowed. Post your topic once, in the correct section. If you accidentally post in the wrong section, use the Report button to report your own post, our moderators will take care of it for you.
- Posts in the support sections may be bumped with more information no less than 24 hours after the last post; if you have new information within less than 24h, edit your previous post.
- Revival of dead topics are prohibited unless one has something constructive to add to the topic. Otherwise, it's dead for a reason.
- If a link is down, please PM the member that posted it, do not report in topic 'link is down', it will be considered spam.
Signatures and Avatars
- Signatures may not exceed 650 px in width and 150 px in height TOTAL. This includes images and text.
- Signatures may also not link to warez, get rich quick schemes, nudity or anything obscene.
- Avatars may not be inappropriate in nature, e.g. nudity or anything obscene.
- Signatures and Avatars may be removed at the discretion of a moderator depending on the content.
- Please be aware that -all of the forum rules also applies to your signature, avatar, and user title.
- English usage must be observed in any English section. If you have a problem with English, please find your international forum located at the bottom of the main page.
General Forum Etiquette
- Please do not post in all caps, use an excessive amount of emoticons, or otherwise make your post annoying and difficult to read.
- Harassment of any kind is not tolerated.
- Trolling and Flaming other users is also not allowed.
- Creating a new account if your current account is banned is not allowed. If you do, your new account is likely to be instantly banned with no warning.
- Posts linking to pornography, nudity, warez or get rich quick schemes of any kind is not allowed.
- Backseat moderating is discouraged. Please use the Report button (available at the bottom right of each post).
- Advertising in any way (except in the Advertisement section and the Advertising sections of each international section) is prohibited
- Solicitation of any kind outside of the Employment section is prohibited; this restriction is including, but not limited to, profiles, signatures, and avatars.
- Please don't edit your posts to remove your question when your problem has been solved.
Paid Services Section
New topics in the Paid Services section are invisible until approved by a administrator.
- If a member does not have an approved advertisement in the Paid Services section, he may not have ads in their signatures or make any posts in the forums about their services.
- The Paid Services section is for advertising your Paid Services only.
- Do not advertise your personal (Ragnarok Online) server.
- It's OK to link to other servers if you are using them as work references (designs/works you created, features you created, etc). Does not apply to source coding services; please just post code snippets.
- All serious Paid Services must use HTTPS on sensitive parts of their website (including, but not limited to: forms that collect passwords, personal information, and billing information).
- All hosting providers must have a website where users can easily order services from you. If you are offering scripting/source modifications or graphics/website services, a website is optional.
What types of services are allowed?
- Server Hosting (VPS, webhosting)
- Scripting/Source Modification Services
- Graphics Services (maps, sprites, web design, etc.)
- Website Coding Services
- Client-Side Modifications
These rules are subject to change.
- Breaking these rules will lead to possible warn/infraction. Three infractions will lead to a temporary ban and Five will lead to a permanent ban. Depending on the circumstance a permanent ban maybe given at any time.
- You may appeal any action a Moderator has taken against you to a Global Moderator via PM. You must give a valid reason and a link to what you are appealing. Do not PM the Moderator who took action against you, it is likely to get you in more trouble.
These rules are enforced by Hercules Staff, please respect our Staff and their decisions.