Sign in to follow this  
Stein

Client freeze after map change, music keeps playing

Question

I keep getting client freezes after chaning map. When loading is finished, the music starts playing but the client just freezes and i have to force stop the exe.

I am using 2014-10-22b Ragexe. Is this a known problem? I can't find anything to solve it.

3 answers to this question

I made a complete new hercules and SQL installation to make sure there is no problem with the server. The freeze still exists but i noticed something new:

On my machine 1 where i am running the server, the client works fine without any freezes. If i use my other machine 2 (in the same local network) where i want to test play - the problem exists. The client on both machines is 100% identical. Both are on Windows 10 but machine 1 (server) is on 32bit, machine 2 on 64bit.

Any idea what i should do? Can i exclude the server & sql as problem source?

PROBLEM SOLVED:

The recording software "Bandicam" caused the crashes. I think it's the FPS overlay.

Edited by Stein

It's on every situation and not map specific. Sometimes it's working for 2-3 times.

I already hex edit the client with different settings but without any changes. Using the last NEMO rev and 2014-10-22b Ragexe which i found here in hercules forums.