Sign in to follow this  
prism

Spawning friendly mobs

Question

My friend and I are implementing a perks system and have one called Vengeful Spirit. When you die is has a chance to summon a monster that attacks people. However, is it possible to make it so that it doesn't attack your party/guild?

4 answers to this question

Hm, you can try using

@summon <monster name/ID> {<duration>}

Spawns mobs that treat you as their master.

If a duration is specified, they will stay with you until the duration has ended.

attached to the player that dies.. or use @ clone. I can't 100% confirm if the summoned would actually attack anything when the master dies... You're going to need to test it in-game.

I agree with Mysterious on this one, you'll need to test ingame to see if @summon will have the monster attack when you die ( @[member=]clone. SHOULD have them still attack ).

But this is another reason why we need those mob controll commands D:

Edit: Abusing forum code manipulation to make @[member=]clone appear as it should >.>

Edited by GmOcean

The only problem with @summon is that the mob will warp to you when you respawn which kind of defeats the purpose of it spawning to attack whatever killed you. I wonder if it would be difficult to create a custom @summon that doesn't cause the mob to follow the master. Kind of like summon monster skill that mobs have. It summons mobs to attack but doesn't count as a slave and doesn't follow its master or die when its master dies.

soooo..... a Homunculus.

Edit:

But in all seriousness, you should probably look for a modification on this: http://herc.ws/board/topic/7076-monster-loyalty-mod/

Or something similar in general. The only issue with how it is currently is that, if 2 people are loyal to the monster, and 1 of them dies to the other, than the summoned monster won't attack either.

This can be solved somewhat easily without a modification to that src-mod (does that make sense?).

Just create a few extra monsters that will only be used for this particular script.

For instance, create 10 extra Atroce's that will only be summoned when a player dies. Modify it so that it doesnt have any items to drop, maybe stats as well.

Then make your script so that the monster only lives for 1min or something, and is only loyal to that player who died. Then remove the loyalty.

So, i dunno, it's something.

Edited by GmOcean