Sign in to follow this  
jTynne

Is it possible to display monsters w/IDs above, say, 10,000?

Question

Just out of curiosity, and the need to not conflict my custom monster IDs with official monsters (I used to use 2500-3400, but there are official monsters in that range now...), is it possible to make it so custom monsters don't show up as Porings when you set the max mob ID to an absurdly high number (I chose 19,000) and use a monster ID between 12,000-max? Basically, anything that's not between 1001 and 4000 isn't showing up as anything other than a Poring. I've already modified the jobname and npcidentity lub files client-side, and when I use an ID between 1001-3999, it displays correctly, but when I set it anywhere else, it shows as a Poring.

I'm curious if it's possible for like, a NEMO patch to be made to increase the monster ID range(s), or add new ones? Or, if it's possible to do without any additional hex edits to the game client. Halp plz thx.

7 answers to this question

i believe it's possible if you have increased the MAX mob id in source, but it's also a waste of resource since the unused ID are useless and stored in server without any usage.

I've done so in the source and recompiled, but anything outside of the regular range of 1000-3999 is displaying as a Poring:

src/map/map.h

#define MAX_MOB_DB 19000

maybe it's just a limitation from the emulator itself for now?  

personally never tried with mob id higher than 3999.

just like skill id, if not mistaken, only certain skill id can be used for custom skill at the moment.

Hrm, I'm thinking it may be a client-side limitation, only because the monster info works in-game (@mi 15000, for example, if I've defined a monster with that ID in the mob_db.conf) but it displays as a Poring. Darn. Would be convenient for those of us who like to implement a ton of custom monsters. XD

Thanks, Emistry!

there's lot of hardcoded limitations in the server side too, pretty hard to know where the issue from, unless there's confirmation from expert client side users :)

Its a limitation of client. I did some checks about this some time ago. But i lost all the data now. Anyways there is a hardcoded mob id check inside the client.

Edited by Neo

Its a limitation of client. I did some checks about this some time ago. But i lost all the data now. Anyways there is a hardcoded mob id check inside the client.

I see! This is what I figured, as I'm no stranger to creating custom monsters and this was the first time I've ran into any such snags. I do hope this can be implemented in the future for NEMO! *crosses fingers* Thank you for your response! If anyone would know about this sort of thing for certain, it'd be you!