Question

I know there are many threads on the subject, but I have more specific questions.

@@Functor

I'm looking for something that not only works really well, but is going to last long term. I was getting attached to HaShield until it was given up on.

I heard Gepard is the current leader when it comes to Anti-Hack/Anti-Cheat Software. However, I have a few concerns that I hope can be addressed by the developer or this community.

1) How long is Gepard expected to be worked on? Nothing worse than investing in a product only to be abandoned in the next 3 to 6 months.

2) Once I make the purchase, will the software wirk indefinately? Does it require access to third party services before it will work? I.e. Connecting to Gepard servers to validate license.

The reason for this is so I know the product will work indefinately even if the developer fell off the face of the earth.

3) Is Gepard client or server side?

4) What exploits does Gepard block?

5) Are there any current vulnerabilities in Gepard?

6) How is Gepard integrated? Hooks into the source? Hooks into the client?

7) How difficult is the initial setup?

8) How much does a permanent license cost?

9) Are there any cons or problems associated to using Gepard?

If anyone can answer these questions, I'd greatly appreciate it and I'm sure new developers seeking out Gepard will as well.

Edited by Lavenblade

2 answers to this question

I know there are many threads on the subject, but I have more specific questions.

I'm looking for something that not only works really well, but is going to last long term. I was getting attached to HaShield until it was given up on.

I heard Gepard is the current leader when it comes to Anti-Hack/Anti-Cheat Software. However, I have a few concerns that I hope can be addressed by the developer or this community.

1) How long is Gepard expected to be worked on? Nothing worse than investing in a product only to be abandoned in the next 3 to 6 months.

2) Once I make the purchase, will the software wirk indefinately? Does it require access to third party services before it will work? I.e. Connecting to Gepard servers to validate license.

The reason for this is so I know the product will work indefinately even if the developer fell off the face of the earth.

3) Is Gepard client or server side?

4) What exploits does Gepard block?

5) Are there any current vulnerabilities in Gepard?

6) How is Gepard integrated? Hooks into the source? Hooks into the client?

7) How difficult is the initial setup?

8) How much does a permanent license cost?

9) Are there any cons or problems associated to using Gepard?

If anyone can answer these questions, I'd greatly appreciate it and I'm sure new developers seeking out Gepard will as well.

You probably should add @mention adressed to Funktor here. Cuz he is main developer of Gepard shield.