Sign in to follow this  
Shikazu

Unable to compile with newest git version

Question

I didn't know where to post this, since it is repository and source related.. if i'm wrong, please move it.

I can't compile most of the repositorys, I had to go back over 100 revisions to get a working copy of hercules!!!!

Error Log: http://upaste.me/671064802dae4565

Server Setup:
Debian 6 - 64bit

Default gcc, gnu make setup

6 answers to this question

try to use ./configure then compile

I'm not yet sure of why you're getting these warnings, but even with them (according with the compile log you provided) hercules should be compiling

I'd like to know what flags are enabled in your gcc, could you run the following 3 commands and paste its output to me?

touch empty.cgcc -O1 -S -fverbose-asm empty.ccat empty.s

I used ./configure , then make clean and then make sql. That's not the problem ;)

This is what you requested Ind :)

.file    "empty.c"# GNU C (Debian 4.7.2-5) version 4.7.2 (x86_64-linux-gnu)#    compiled by GNU C version 4.7.2, GMP version 5.0.5, MPFR version 3.1.0-p10, MPC version 0.9# GGC heuristics: --param ggc-min-expand=100 --param ggc-min-heapsize=131072# options passed:  -imultiarch x86_64-linux-gnu empty.c -mtune=generic# -march=x86-64 -O1 -fverbose-asm# options enabled:  -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fauto-inc-dec# -fbranch-count-reg -fcombine-stack-adjustments -fcommon -fcompare-elim# -fcprop-registers -fdebug-types-section -fdefer-pop# -fdelete-null-pointer-checks -fdwarf2-cfi-asm -fearly-inlining# -feliminate-unused-debug-types -fforward-propagate -ffunction-cse# -fgcse-lm -fgnu-runtime -fguess-branch-probability -fident# -fif-conversion -fif-conversion2 -finline -finline-atomics# -finline-functions-called-once -fipa-profile -fipa-pure-const# -fipa-reference -fira-share-save-slots -fira-share-spill-slots -fivopts# -fkeep-static-consts -fleading-underscore -fmath-errno -fmerge-constants# -fmerge-debug-strings -fmove-loop-invariants -fomit-frame-pointer# -fpeephole -fprefetch-loop-arrays -freg-struct-return# -fsched-critical-path-heuristic -fsched-dep-count-heuristic# -fsched-group-heuristic -fsched-interblock -fsched-last-insn-heuristic# -fsched-rank-heuristic -fsched-spec -fsched-spec-insn-heuristic# -fsched-stalled-insns-dep -fshow-column -fshrink-wrap -fsigned-zeros# -fsplit-ivs-in-unroller -fsplit-wide-types -fstrict-volatile-bitfields# -ftoplevel-reorder -ftrapping-math -ftree-bit-ccp -ftree-ccp -ftree-ch# -ftree-copy-prop -ftree-copyrename -ftree-cselim -ftree-dce# -ftree-dominator-opts -ftree-dse -ftree-forwprop -ftree-fre# -ftree-loop-if-convert -ftree-loop-im -ftree-loop-ivcanon# -ftree-loop-optimize -ftree-parallelize-loops= -ftree-phiprop -ftree-pta# -ftree-reassoc -ftree-scev-cprop -ftree-sink -ftree-slp-vectorize# -ftree-sra -ftree-ter -ftree-vect-loop-version -funit-at-a-time# -funwind-tables -fvect-cost-model -fverbose-asm -fzero-initialized-in-bss# -m128bit-long-double -m64 -m80387 -maccumulate-outgoing-args# -malign-stringops -mfancy-math-387 -mfp-ret-in-387 -mglibc -mieee-fp# -mmmx -mno-sse4 -mpush-args -mred-zone -msse -msse2 -mtls-direct-seg-refs    .ident    "GCC: (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2"    .section    .note.GNU-stack,"",@progbits