Sign in to follow this  
huptiq

[SOLVED] Looking for help or WTB pre-renewal client

Question

Hi,

I used to play ragnarok alot as a kid and now I kinda want to come and enjoy the game I loved.
Trough various guides I managed to setup a hercules dedicated server on ubuntu (SVN). I realized there are some sprites/items and maps my current patched ragexe doesn't have.
Now I spent the last probably 24hrs figuring out how to make my own client with english translations and (for now) no costum items - just a plain old pre-renewal client.
Somehow I cannot wrap my head around this topic at all, I run into errors all the time, trying to fix one issue brings up further.

I am giving up. Spent alot of time looking for guides, those were mostly ages ago and didn't work in the end.
It may be that I am the issue for not understanding what I need to do. At this point I am desperately looking for help - either coaching me to do what needs to be done or build me the client I need.
I am willing to pay a fair price, maybe someone is interested OR could provide an up-to-date guide on how to handle stuff.

Thank you for your time and any help is appreciated.

Edited by huptiq

0 answers to this question

No need anymore.
People on rAthena suggested to use a new (renewal) client to do it. That "solution" did NOT work.
Instead I randomly chose another ragexe (2019-05-30aRagexe) and it works fine with NEMO + ENG translation no errors

No need for anymore help, ty!