Sign in to follow this  
gee001

R> Newbie Tour Guide NPC

Question

hi there.

i am requesting for newbie tour guide npc:

like tour guides in real world. i'd like a npc that tours the newbies to let them know the location of the important NPCs like: golds seller, berry changer, gold room warper, etc.. etc..

- i want the players to be warped near the NPC

- with informations about the npc.

ex. warped to gods seller npc

mes:[Tour Guide]

mes:This is our Gods Seller NPC

mes:You can buys Gods Items here like: megs,briss,etc.

next;

atcommand "@warp,xxxx,xxx,xxx" // warp to the next npc then with information of the npc again. and so on and so fort. continous.

thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

Refer to the following commands : 

*npctalk "<message>";This command will display a message to the surrounding area as if the NPCobject running it was a player talking - that is, above their head and inthe chat window. The display name of the NPC will get appended in front ofthe message to complete the effect.	// This will make everyone in the area see the NPC greet the character	// who just invoked it.	npctalk "Hello "+strcharinfo(0)+", how are you?";

*npcspeed <speed value>;*npcwalkto <x>,<y>;*npcstop;These commands will make the NPC object in question move around the map.As they currently are, they are a bit buggy and are not useful for muchmore than making an NPC move randomly around the map.'npcspeed' will set the NPCs walking speed to a specified value. As in the@speed GM command, 200 is the slowest possible speed while 0 is thefastest possible (instant motion). 100 is the default character walkingspeed.'npcwalkto' will start the NPC sprite moving towards the specifiedcoordinates on the same map as it is currently on. The script proceedsimmediately after the NPC begins moving.'npcstop' will stop the motion.While in transit, the NPC will be clickable, but invoking it will cause itto stop moving, which will make it's coordinates different from what theclient computed based on the speed and motion coordinates. The effect israther unnerving.Only a few NPC sprites have walking animations, and those that do, do notget the animation invoked when moving the NPC, due to the problem in theNPC walking code, which looks a bit silly. You might have better successby defining a job-sprite based sprite id in 'db/mob_avail.txt' with this.
Edited by Patskie

Refer to the following commands : 

*npctalk "<message>";This command will display a message to the surrounding area as if the NPCobject running it was a player talking - that is, above their head and inthe chat window. The display name of the NPC will get appended in front ofthe message to complete the effect.	// This will make everyone in the area see the NPC greet the character	// who just invoked it.	npctalk "Hello "+strcharinfo(0)+", how are you?";

*npcspeed <speed value>;*npcwalkto <x>,<y>;*npcstop;These commands will make the NPC object in question move around the map.As they currently are, they are a bit buggy and are not useful for muchmore than making an NPC move randomly around the map.'npcspeed' will set the NPCs walking speed to a specified value. As in the@speed GM command, 200 is the slowest possible speed while 0 is thefastest possible (instant motion). 100 is the default character walkingspeed.'npcwalkto' will start the NPC sprite moving towards the specifiedcoordinates on the same map as it is currently on. The script proceedsimmediately after the NPC begins moving.'npcstop' will stop the motion.While in transit, the NPC will be clickable, but invoking it will cause itto stop moving, which will make it's coordinates different from what theclient computed based on the speed and motion coordinates. The effect israther unnerving.Only a few NPC sprites have walking animations, and those that do, do notget the animation invoked when moving the NPC, due to the problem in theNPC walking code, which looks a bit silly. You might have better successby defining a job-sprite based sprite id in 'db/mob_avail.txt' with this.

i just need auto warp sir. hehe. walking npc is too much. 

and i'd like to add also if this is posible?

-example. the tour guide explained the use of instant job changer npc. can i put the script of the instant job changer npc to the tour guide npc to change the job of the player

while still in the tour guide script?

sorry, it sounds dificult :3 im just wondering if thats posible. thanks in advance

I think you need the npctalk command. the mes command within a npc will not work unless a certain player click the npc.