Lawliet L Ryuzaki

Ubuntu and Hercules

Question

I tried my best looking over information from here and google, but Ive left no choice but to make a topic!

Anyways, I've attempted to try setting up hercules on my ubuntu server, via ssh.

I've read that installation is similar to rAthena, but long story short, when I send the command "make sql" it creates a login-server, char-server and map-server in the folder, but not

login-server_sql, char-server_sql or map-server_sql.

Steps I've done so far:

Obtained hercules via git, ( Git clone, git pull, and even git commit -a)

Then ran

./configure --enable-packetver=20130807

and

./configure --enable-64bit

first, then I run make sql, but during the process warnings come up about:

"console.o (symbol from plugin): warning: memset used with constant zero length parameter; this could be due to transposed parameters"

""__fdelt_warn'" declared with attribute warning: bit outside of fd_set selected [enabled by default]"

for several pieces in login, map, char folders in the /src.

This is where im stuck in trying to setup. What did I mess up? or what am I missing?

Other things I've tried were attempting the build directory and running those commands then the make install would also fail because when trying to run cmake "svn: "not a working directory" would come up.

Sorry for all the text, but hoping that someone has an answer! Thanks.

5 answers to this question

No; once you've compiled your server, you should be able to start it from a command line.

./athena-start start

If you need to recompile in the future, be sure to shut down the server prior to attempting to do so.

./athena-start stop

You can also just type make by itself and all components will be compiled in one go.

No; once you've compiled your server, you should be able to start it from a command line.

./athena-start start

If you need to recompile in the future, be sure to shut down the server prior to attempting to do so.

./athena-start stop

You can also just type make by itself and all components will be compiled in one go.

Thanks. That made it work! Just have to fix mysql db's lol.

Also, is there a way to force the packet version? (even though I ran the configure with 20130807)

"[Warning]: conf/battle/feature.conf banking is enabled but it requires PACKETVER 2013-07-24 or newer, disabling..."

Your packet version should match your client version (ex. 2010-07-30a =  20100730). I'm not sure why you're still getting that error, but try configuring the packet version manually by editing this line in src/common/mmo.h:

#define PACKETVER 20120418