Sign in to follow this  
ThyroDree

Custom Freebies in a Box

Question

can someone help me make freebie giver but not on npc . by using a item like GM Gift Box > Gives Valkyrie Set and Cards THANKS! :)

9 answers to this question

If you wish to make a randomized box, I *believe* all you need to do is create an entry in /db/re/item_group.conf, featuring the 'japanese_name' of the item as found in your item database, and follow the same syntax as is found throughout the same file. Reload your item database afterwards, and as your custom item's script, add:

getrandgroupitem #,1; 

The # being the item ID of the box item you're inserting this code into.

Elsewise, if you want to just put a bunch of stuff into a box that grants multiple items you've designated at once, I do NOT suggest modifying an existing item (as there may be ways to receive said item, which could open exploits).

1. Create a new item. (I will assume you know how to do this; If not, get to searching!)

2. As the item's script, add in as many 'getitem #,1;' as you need into the "script" field of your custom item.

getitem 12250,2;

12250 = ITEM ID

2 = Quantity

Change it to what you like

How to make my box give 3 or more items?

Elsewise, if you want to just put a bunch of stuff into a box that grants multiple items you've designated at once, I do NOT suggest modifying an existing item (as there may be ways to receive said item, which could open exploits).

1. Create a new item. (I will assume you know how to do this; If not, get to searching!)

2. As the item's script, add in as many 'getitem #,1;' as you need into the "script" field of your custom item.

Can you give me example of this script? i tried to add many getitem,#,1; and not working

up

12540,GM_Warp_Box,GM Gift Box,18,20,,10,,,,,0xFFFFFFFF,7,2,,,,,,{ getitem,2524,1; getitem,2421,1; getitem,2357,1; getitem,2115,1; },{},{}

help me with this? not working

Are you getting any errors parsing this item? You're using getitem wrong.

getitem <ITEM_ID>, <QUANTITY>;

So your script should be like this: { getitem 2524,1; getitem 2421,1; getitem 2357,1; getitem 2115,1; }

BTW, there's now a new item format available, I suggest you to update your revision in order to get better support and flexibility for your custom items.

P.S.: Moving to database support since this is more related to in-game databases.

True, sorry for the mistake. Closing this topic, all questions regarding this topic shall be asked on the other topic since both of them are the same. 

P.S.: Please avoid making the same topic twice, you'll  us have the forum cleaner and maybe you'd even get better support.