Sign in to follow this  
chir0n

How to compile Hercules in CentOS5

Question

14 answers to this question

I've edited right now my previous post so you can see if you still have problems with your SQL.

If you need to run all three simultaneously try to use this statement in the console, in your directory:

./login-server && ./map-server && ./char-server 

If it gives you any permissions errors just run:

chmod u+x ./login-server && chmod u+x ./map-server && chmod u+x ./char-server 

Now I'll get to go, seriously, sorry. I'll help you further later whenever I can come back, which is usually tomorrow

Edited by jaBote

You haven't make installed in your server. You need to install some libraries even before trying to compile.

Try to run this on your server to install the missing libraries (yum install means to get the packages and install them):

yum install gcc make mysql mysql-devel mysql-server pcre-devel git zlib-devel

Then, if you want, you can also run this for extended ease of use of your server

yum -y install dos2unix gdb nano screen unzip wget zip

You can now "make" (compile) Hercules on your server without any problems, except if you have edited the source and introduced an error.

^ thank you sir jaBote! i will be doing as you've instructed and update this post.

EDIT: what if mysql is already installed in my system? i recently purchased a vps and it *can* update and recompile rA. also, when i try to do "make sql" on the hercules folder, it runs like it compiles the src but no sql executables are present. only exe for txt server.

Edited by chir0n

^ thank you sir jaBote! i will be doing as you've instructed and update this post.

EDIT: what if mysql is already installed in my system? i recently purchased a vps and it *can* update and recompile rA. also, when i try to do "make sql" on the hercules folder, it runs like it compiles the src but no sql executables are present. only exe for txt server.

there is no txt server, these exe are the ones you want (login-server/char-server/map-server)

what do you mean you can't open them? what message/error/ you get when you try to launch them?

nothing, when i open for example, login-server.exe, nothing pops out. anyway i redownload Herc and deleted the old one. im trying to compile it again via "make sql" but it says "make: *** no rule to make target `sql'. Stop."

sorry for being a linux noob -_-

well there shouldn't be a .exe in the linux to beginw ith ehm well as for your current issue, did you run configure? before? ( ./configure )

We should make a basic guide on how to setup and configure a Hercules server Ind.

I'll write it myself if I have enough time, but I don't have it right now.

Editing right now to explain chir0n what to do.

You'll need to open PhpMyAdmin (you can usually open it pointing your browser to http://<your server's IP>/phpmyadmin, no need to open it via console), login with your MySQL root user and password (not system root user and password, MySQL root user and password are what you have defined installing MySQL) and then make 2 databases on it, one called "ragnarok2 and another called "log".

If you don't have PhpMyAdmin installed you can use yum install phpmyadmin.

Then open the databases and execute the content of (your hercules download)/sql-files/main.sql on "ragnarok" database and (your hercules download)/sql-files/logs.sql on "log" database.

Now open the `login` table on `ragnarok` database and look the S-sex account. Change its username and password for anything you fancy but remember it for awhile. Those credentials are the same you MUST put on (your hercules download)/conf/char-server.conf and (your hercules download)/conf/map-server.conf because leaving these as s1 and p1 are a major security issue. You no longer need to remember it providing all those credentials match.

Then go back to PhpMyAdmin make a new user for the server (privileges section of PhpMyAdmin). Call it ragnarok if you want and make it only from the localhost host (select host: Local). Put a password for that user and remember it for another while. Grant the user SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE privileges (it's preferred to let it only table privileges as granting global privileges is less secure, but that's not a quite serious security issue). After that you're done with sql, but configure (your hercules download)/conf/inter-server.conf below and give that file what it requires on credentials and database name OF THE SQL USER the server will use. Now you're good to go on the server.

Sorry for explaining myself frankly bad, but I'm in a hurry right now but stopped to explain you. If you have further questions try to solve them using the Judas' Bible ( http://supportmii.com/ro1/JudasBible.pdf ) or don't hesitate asking again here and we'll try to respond whenever we can. Also hadn't time to check if my English is proper so sorry again for any mistakes.

Edited by jaBote

well there shouldn't be a .exe in the linux to beginw ith ehm well as for your current issue, did you run configure? before? ( ./configure )

ohh, i missed that part -_- sorry. anyhow i ran "./configure" then "make sql". it compiled. tnx. now i have this:

2nsvr00.png

when i try to execute it, nothing pops up; just like before. 

also: i'm having these warnings (like 10+ of them) whenever i compile

battle.c:6169.2: warning: no new line at end of file
Edited by chir0n

try to open it via terminal see what error it says when you try to launch it from it ( ./login-server )

it RAN sir! phew, now i'm able to grasp things slowly now for linux. 

can i make a shortcut for this? just like a .bat file in windows? i think in linux they have this shell script thingy, like

cd /root/desktop/hercules./login-server

thanks a ton sir Ind!!! 

thank you very much sir jaBote for the guides ^_^ i've setup my server now, all are connecting with each other and to the sql also.

edit: problem solved

Edited by chir0n