Sign in to follow this  
Guest Axiom

rAthena to Hercules, Peculiar Stuff

Question

Guest Axiom

So after going through some of the guides here (jaBote in particular was a huge help), I finally managed to convert my rAthena server into Hercules. Everything seemed to work fine, but then weird stuff started happening when people were logging in:

• We have reports of crashes when mobs are killed
  • People were being petrified/stunned/sleeped/frozen in town
  • Some people complained of their HP dropping by a lot

Here's what I've done so far:

• Changed SRC to edit @go
  • Changed DB files for custom items, mobs
  • Edited conf files for rates, skill settings, chat settings.
  • Threw in custom NPCs
  • ... Turned off all custom NPCs after the weirdness stated above.

I'd really love to jump ship to Hercules, but um yeah those things. Help, please?

Edited by Axiom

8 answers to this question

Guest Axiom

Yeah, that's what I said I think? I'm running on a 2012 which might have been the problem. In any case, I've resolved the current issue. Playing around with newer clients and the latest Hercules builds locally. Thank you all so much for all the help!

First of all, sorry for the poor format (I'm on my cellphone right now). I don't know anything source related so I may not be helpful in this case.

For the first issue please check if the PACKETVER you compiled the server with and your client's date match. I don't remember where it is in the source but I believe it's in /src/common/mmo.h

for the second and third ones I have no idea, but you could try to check. if there's some npc or script causing this mischief while you get some further help (or even a modified database entry in the db folder).

Sorry for not being as useful as before this time.

Guest Axiom

Oh right, I missed that. But um yeah, tested and it doesn't seem to help. Or maybe it does help with something else, but all the other problems seem to be present. I've disabled all my custom NPCs and it still happens.

EDIT:

Additional testing has shown that the crashes happen when players kill mobs that drop items. On maps where noloot is activated, there doesn't appear to be a problem.

... And yeah, still the random Freeze/Sleep/Stone/Stun thing.

Edited by Axiom

If this helps, I used the 2012-04-18 client Judas provided on his client releases post and got the same error with the items, at least with the game freezing on item drop and item get.

Haven't received random statuses on my tests though.

Guest Axiom

Could you also mention what's your client date as well please?

Pretty sure it's 2012-04-10aRagexeRE. I've resolved the problem by following Zopokx's recommendation of using an older, more stable branch. I read somewhere that Hercules is being optimized for 2013 clients. Maybe it's a problem with backwards compatibility?