Sign in to follow this  
gaurav787

Help with VPS(Virtual Private Server)

Question

I m new to VPS can any1 tell me is it important to take Linux VPS or windows is also OK... i made my server on my computer... now i want to put on VPS so i m new to Linux i dont know a single thing about LINUX.. so can some1 tell me if its fine to use WIndows VPS..

5 answers to this question

You can also use a windows vps without any problem, just like you'd make at your own home, but I'd say have a try learning some Linux knowledge, it doesn't do any harm and could even help in your curriculum later on, when you say you know basic Linux usage.

ohh thanks  jaBote for your kind guidance.. I had Linux subject in my course but i didnt understand a thing about LINUX :D i dont even know how to create folder in linux :)

I wasn't good at it either, but after googling a lot I'm now able to perform basic user tasks. I also had some Linux at class when I was a kid, but resulted on nothing of profit at all since I never got to know its power and need to have such a nice system till I had to actually use it.

I can assure you my Linux knowledge isn't remarkable at all but helps a lot anyways.