eKoh

Dynamically change the Level Share Range

Question

Hello there, I want to make a script or what ever has to be needed to make this:

From Level 1 - 79 make the Level Share Range of 30 Levels

And from 80 to 99, the Level Share Range of 10 Levels

Why do I want to make this?

Well, the answer is simple, and it is because the parties on lower levels ( 1 - 79 ) are really low and by increasing the share level range, we are making a more party oriented server.

But also if we leave the 30 level range, for 80+, we are going to make a Leeching oriented server, since the main goal for every player would be to reach 80 ASAP to finally get a friend or somebody to leech them till getting 99.

And the purpose is to have more parties = more fun.

If you have any idea of how to make this possible, please tell me, I can do the research and the hardwork, but the thing is that I have no clue of how to do this haha.

Edited by eKoh

1 answer to this question

Okay, well I thought about various ways to get this to work, but sadly the only way to get it to work is through src modifications ( best way ) or src + scripts ( works, but wouldn't recommend ).

Fastest, but also buggy method:

1. Increase party share range to 30 levels in party.conf

2. Edit party.conf and turn share bonus to +0%.

3. Through script you can make it so players who are in the party need to be within share range of the highest member and will only receive exp based on that.

a. If highest member is level 79 then people level 49-79 can receive exp in the party.

b. If highest member is level 80+ then only those who are within 1-10 levels may receive exp in the party.

Known issues:

1. Player who kills the monster may receive 1-2% more or less exp from the monster.

2. Player's who are out of share range, may receive or lose 1-2% of the killed monster experience.

This is because of how integers work in hercules, there is no decimal everything is whole numbers rounded down.

Best way:

Modify src to fit exactly what you want. More difficult, but definitely better.