Sign in to follow this  
GmOcean

Second Inventory

Question

Okay, so I thought about putting this in Source Support, but I'm not quite confident enough that I'd be able to complete this even if support was provided. That being said, don't hesitate to give support, I'll still try and do my part.

Alright, so like the topic title says, I'm looking to make a Second Inventory. Surely this would have to be possible, granted I know displaying it in-game is another matter altogether. This is besides the point, I don't plan on having the second inventory space being accessible by players, strictly through NPC/SRC.

Namely through the use of clif_sellitem. To be more specific, it's to create a Buyback feature. I've made a completely beta-working version before here: http://herc.ws/board/topic/7225-npc-buysell/?p=43831

However due to clif_sellitem using the inventory to produce a list of items, I came to the conclusion the current method was lacking something, especially since it fills a player's inventory up with items taking up space. Thus the idea for a Second Inventory.

Theoretically if there were to exist a second inventory, accessible through script commands, I'd be able to place those items there. And then have clif_sellitem pull information from the second inventory rather than the first to create the list of items. Though, this is all speculation and hasn't been tested. I'm not sure exactly how the packet's handle it in this case. Meaning even if I provide the location for the list to be pulled from, it doesn't necessarily mean that the client will use the second inventory.

Anyone with a vast knowledge of src, know if this is possible, and how to go about it?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet