Sign in to follow this  
Yoh Asakura

How to use Packet Encryption

Question

Hello,

I would like to know how I can use the Packet Encryption? I believe that I don't need to buy any anti-hack since hercules has the packet encryption.

I've searched and I've found this:

Use this http://herc.ws/board/topic/1105-hercules-wpe-free-june-14th-patch/Enable SSO Login Packet then use Token Login AlgorithmEnable Pincode

I have to enable SSO Login using NEMO, and I must not use the option 'disable packet obfuscation'

But what about the Token Login and Pincode? How to do?

Regards,

Yoh.

Edited by Yoh Asakura

1 answer to this question

Solved. I read all the topic and found this:

"If you're using NEMO v.2.0 or newer, it's pretty easy to do it when hexing your client. Just enable the three "Packet __ Key Encryption" patches, and input the desired values.

Then edit your src/map/packets.h, adding a line like this near the end of your file (replacing FIRSTKEY, SECONDKEY and THIRDKEY as appropriate):

// Add me before the '#endif /* _MAP_PACKETS_H */' linepacketKeys(0xFIRSTKEY,0xSECONDKEY,0xTHIRDKEY);´

Altermatively, if you don't want to edit source files, and you're compiling through ./configure and make, you can use the following (again, replace with your actual keys):

./configure --with-key1=0xFIRSTKEY --with-key2=0xSECONDKEY --with-key3=0xTHIRDKEY

#FAQ

what keys do I have to put in?

If you don't want to make them up, you can use the keys from any working client (you can find them in src/map/packets.h). Refer to the list posted by KeyWorld to know which ones can be safely used.

Do I have to make up those keys?

Possibly not. Generate your own keys only if (1) you know exactly how the algorithm works; (2) you are not Gravity; (3) you know how to generate strong keys.
I do not have any recommendations, as I don't have an algorithm to generate strong keys. I'm only able to recognize some classes of weak keys, but some keys I consider strong, may have other weaknesses. Just use keys from other client versions, since both I and KeyWorld have tested them with over 10 million iterations.

Do I have to use three different ones?

This is not strictly necessary.