Yoh Asakura

[Paypal] Official License to open a RagnaroK Server?

Hi,

Recently I started using Paypal as a method of payment on my server, however Paypal Team has limited my account. They have asked me if I have a license from the official Developers (Gravity Co.) to run this game, or if I have anything that proves I am allowed to run a RagnaroK Online server.

I would like to know if this is right or not, since I use hercules emulator, and it is free.

On my website I also put all rights reserved to Gravity Co. and all contend related with RagnaroK Online.

There are many Private Servers that uses Paypal as a method of Payment, so why Paypal has limited my account because of this? What I should say to them?

Kind Regards,

Yoh.

Well first of all you should buy a clean VPS not related to Hercules nor Ragnarok then you put your server in there 

But if you're paying for a Ragnarok Online Specialized Hosting.. Then it changes a little bit its obvious. But they cant do such thing as cut your payments for that because they must dont care but if they care must be because or Gravity or some related company reported you. So they're just asking for a license. The easyest way to solve it is to buy a non ragnarok related VPS then you can run wathever you want there, the problem is if the hosting allows you to run the server xP

Simple, they are asking for a license. You don't have a license. Better choose another payment gateway. 

Diagnosis:

(1) Someone could have reported you. Gravity or any official RO server wouldn't care at all.

(2) You might have been accepting "payments" or "obvious donations" that is after the name of Ragnarok (which on their part could be a suspicious transaction, since Ragnarok is now a famous identity)

Giving reserved rights doesn't do the trick or doesn't save you at all. Properties of gravity are not meant to be used by anyone other than their organization or company, it is not open-source, it is not available freely to the public even for 'education' or 'charity' purposes lol.

This had happened to one of my friend already, and the best thing you can do is not to resolve it because you will lose the case and when you lose, there will be additional penalties or cases you have to deal with. (ex. Account suspension due to illegal activities)

You have to be very careful when it comes to accepting payments or donations. You don't need to tell paypal about the purpose of the transaction, always send it as a donation and never mention anything about Ragnarok or an item in exchange.

Edited by Kong

Well first of all you should buy a clean VPS not related to Hercules nor Ragnarok then you put your server in there 

But if you're paying for a Ragnarok Online Specialized Hosting.. Then it changes a little bit its obvious. But they cant do such thing as cut your payments for that because they must dont care but if they care must be because or Gravity or some related company reported you. So they're just asking for a license. The easyest way to solve it is to buy a non ragnarok related VPS then you can run wathever you want there, the problem is if the hosting allows you to run the server xP

I already have a VPS not related to games. The problem is not that.

@Kong

Next time I won't tell Paypal anything, they are just giving me troubles.

Edited by Yoh Asakura