Sign in to follow this  
darkwolf7786

Attacks per Second Calculation

Question

Where is the Attacks Per Second calculation in the server files?

I can find where ASPD is calculated, but displayed ASPD is not what determines how many attacks per second your character gets.  In pre-renewal, it is a function similar to 50 / (200 - ASPD).  For Example, at 190 ASPD,  50 / (200 - 190) = 50 / 10 = 5 attacks per second. 

The reason why I'd like the location of this is so I can try to balance the Attacks per Second growth so that as ASPD rises, attacks rise at a more even pace.  As it is, the rate is exponential and decent attack speed doesn't start until 180+.  I want to make it more balanced between ASPD values 150-195.

4 answers to this question

Yes, I was looking at this before, but I can only tell that it determines was the "ASPD" value is in game and not necessarily an "Attacks per Second" value.  These seem to get the base ASPD, it makes sure ASPD never goes over cap, and applies modifiers to it to get your final ASPD value that's shown in game.  This is not exactly what i'm looking for.

For example,  150 ASPD = 1 attack per second.  190 ASPD = 5 attacks per second.  195 ASPD = 10 attacks per second. 

There is a big jump at higher levels of ASPD values.  There is a function somewhere that uses "amotion" or ASPD to determine how many attacks per second at that value will cause.  I want to balance the exponential nature of Attacks Per Second and balance it out better.

Edited by darkwolf7786

150 ASPD = 1 attack per second.  190 ASPD = 5 attacks per second.  195 ASPD = 10 attacks per second.

nah you can't make that work in the server side, since the client does the animation...you can only do at the server is to ratio the increase of ASPD per level...

:meow: