Sign in to follow this  
Ricauter

slowing down the /stat+ commands

Question

hi! so, you know when you type for example /str+ 100 it will be gradually increasing your str by consuming stat points right? well for some reason with my client it does it automatically, like is goes straight to 100, so I want to know how to slow it down? since doing it that way when you level multiple stats really fast, it ends up spending more stat points than it should by rewarding way less stats, for example:

in my server, max stat is 700, so you'd type /str+ 255 and str is 256 now, do it again, 511, do it again, 700, that's good, then you move to the second stat, 1st one to 256, 2nd one to 511, 3rd one to 668, and you have to type it a 4th time to get to 700,and when you're trying to increase the 3rd stat, the 1st one works, then the second /stat+ 255 only reaches 465, the 4rd one only 575, 5th time 652, 6th tyme 668 and so on... so you end up spending all your stat points in 3 stats to 700, when you have enough to get at least 4 stats to 700 and a 5th one to 100~ish.

anybody knows how to make it so instead of jumping straight to 255, it goes 1 by 1, fast but still 1 by 1?

PS: I'm using 2013-12-23ragexe

Edited by Ricauter

3 answers to this question

I believe you'd have to switch clients. I recently upgraded my server from 2013-08-07Ragexe to 2013-12-23ragexe and before, the stats would be added one by one, while now it's just one big leap to the desired stat.

Edit: Guess it must have been my upgrading the source code at the same time. D: Good luck!

Edited by Nova

according to this comment @ clif.c

/// Request to increase status (CZ_STATUS_CHANGE)./// 00bb <status id>.W <amount>.B/// status id:///	 SP_STR ~ SP_LUK/// amount:///	 Old clients send always 1 for this, even when using /str+ and the like.///	 Newer clients (2013-12-23 and newer) send the correct amount.

solution will be by tweaking 'pc->statusup' by changing the amount increase to 1 then loop it having a delay per iteration until it reach the maximum desire amount...

:meow:

according to this comment @ clif.c

/// Request to increase status (CZ_STATUS_CHANGE)./// 00bb <status id>.W <amount>.B/// status id:///	 SP_STR ~ SP_LUK/// amount:///	 Old clients send always 1 for this, even when using /str+ and the like.///	 Newer clients (2013-12-23 and newer) send the correct amount.

solution will be by tweaking 'pc->statusup' by changing the amount increase to 1 then loop it having a delay per iteration until it reach the maximum desire amount...

:meow:

found it: 

/// Request to increase status (CZ_STATUS_CHANGE)./// 00bb <status id>.W <amount>.B/// status id:///     SP_STR ~ SP_LUK/// amount:///     Old clients send always 1 for this, even when using /str+ and the like.///     Newer clients (2013-12-23 and newer) send the correct amount.void clif_parse_StatusUp(int fd,struct map_session_data *sd) {	int increase_amount;	increase_amount = RFIFOB(fd,4);	if( increase_amount < 0 )	{		ShowDebug("clif_parse_StatusUp: Negative 'increase' value sent by client! (fd: %d, value: %d)n",			fd, increase_amount);	}	pc->statusup(sd, RFIFOW(fd,2), increase_amount);}

but exactly what do I tweak ._.?