guihleao

Cashpoints in Multiple Servers

Question

Hello everyone, I need help setting the Cash Points for multiple servers. I have 3 map and char servers that use 1 login-server. How can I make all of these 3 map-servers read the same #CASHPOINTS variable?

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by guihleao

10 answers to this question

Okay, but that's in a script. I meant by the whole cash system. I believe I have to change the pc.c file, so that the Cash Shop and the command @cash read the new ## variable. I'm not sure if I should change only this file...

For example,

In pc.c

// Cash shop	sd->cashPoints = pc_readaccountreg(sd,script->add_str("#CASHPOINTS"));	sd->kafraPoints = pc_readaccountreg(sd,script->add_str("#KAFRAPOINTS"));

I think I should change to:

// Cash shop	sd->cashPoints = pc_readaccountreg(sd,script->add_str("##CASHPOINTS"));	sd->kafraPoints = pc_readaccountreg(sd,script->add_str("##KAFRAPOINTS"));

But I also think I need to change the " pc_readaccountreg" to read the global account, also there are some other modifications in this file I'd need to do.

Am I right or just tripping? 

Thanks!

Edited by guihleao

"##"     - A permanent global account variable stored by the login server.            The only difference you will note from normal # variables is            when you have multiple char-servers connected to the same            login-server. The # variables are unique to each char-server,            while the ## variables are shared by all these char-servers. 

Oh thanks! But how can I apply it to the cash system? For example, when I use the @cash command, or when I sell items through the Cash Shop... Does it need a source modification or do we have a setting somewhere?

Edited by guihleao

/* custom npc trader */prontera,153,152,1	trader	TestCustom2	4_F_EDEN_OFFICER,{	OnInit:	tradertype(NST_CUSTOM);	sellitem Red_Potion,2;	end;/* allows currency to be ##CASHPOINTS */OnCountFunds:	setcurrency( ##CASHPOINTS );	end;/* receives @price (total cost) */OnPayFunds:	if( ##CASHPOINTS < @points )		end;	##CASHPOINTS -= @points;	purchaseok();	end;}

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/master/doc/sample/npc_trader_sample.txt

pc_readaccountreg2

Although it's for sake of readability

Borh function calls the same thing and shouldn't matter..

pc_readaccountreg2

Although it's for sake of readability

Borh function calls the same thing and shouldn't matter..

So I can just change it to ##CASHPOINTS ?