Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail von Hohenheim

[HELP] Monster Kill pt.3

Question

started from this topic --->http://herc.ws/board/topic/11301-help-monster-kill-pt2/

since doing this as a script might give a huge stress on the service IF its Global,,

basically now what I need is a status that can be place on an item that would give a permanent parameter(like Str) for killing certain monsters,,

like this:

sc_start4 SC_ADDSTATKILLMOB, 10000,        readparam(bStr)<=5 {        PORING, 5;        LUNATIC, 10;        MASTERING, 100;} bStr, 1,

read like this:

sc_start4 SC_ADDSTATKILLMOB, 10000[for duration] , (read param str < 5)[stat requirement, before it would give a bonus stat], PORING[monster to kill], 5[percent chance it would give perma stat], LUNATIC[another monster to kill], 10[percent], MASTERING[anothermonster to kill], 100[percent]....[up to a certain list of monters and percent];

bStr[base stat to be added], 1[+number of stats to give]

i tried to base info from the SC_FOOD_(param) status and the SC_CASH_RECEIVEITEM as these statuses gives buff str and bonus EXP, but i'm not able to understand how to like replicate them or to add values,,

please if someone has available time help me out,, and if have MORE extra time,, explain how each are done,,

and if have a better idea, thanks,, as long as it gives permanent parameter for killing monsters at a percent OR number of monsters killed

2 answers to this question

I guess I have to reply something

actually ... status change can only apply 1 at a time ...

if you already have blessing lv5 buff, cast lv10 blessing on you, you will replaced by level10 blessing

if already having PORING as the target, adding DROPS will overwrite PORING in this case

so nope, only 1 at a time

this idea about using status change should be scrap

yes, using OnNPCKillEvent is stress, but it doesn't mean lag

it just mean using more CPU resource to compute the code

although in the past (year 2008) before I learn to touch the source code, I did make a low populated server (~30 players) lag ... lol

seriously, you have to answer a few questions before we proceed

1. Why not just write this as a Quest NPC ?

it make sense to anyone -> take the quest, kill the mobs, get status points as reward

no need to go to your website to know which monster gives which stat,

and the Quest can be given in just 1 single npc, everyone can understand easily

and MOST OF ALL,

even a 5 years old kid that knows how to type "@-r-e-l-o-a-d-s-c-r-i-p-t" can write a Quest NPC

2. what makes you obsessed with this feature ?

SC_ADDSTATKILLMOB is just an idea I think of, and it is not available anywhere

even I google search 'SC_ADDSTATKILLMOB', only 2 results came out

there is no available code for it, until someone tries to make it out

and like I said earlier, your idea that can be done with THAT MANY mobs, it is impossible

using status change, means only 1 mob ID at a time, ok ?

so please, write this feature as a Quest.

Full Stop.

3. and if you still unsatisfied as a Quest, you have to explain properly where you get this idea from

- a topic link to that game website which properly explain about this feature -> for example wow wiki, or irowiki

- or a youtube video that shows how they did it

I guess I have to reply something

actually ... status change can only apply 1 at a time ...

if you already have blessing lv5 buff, cast lv10 blessing on you, you will replaced by level10 blessing

if already having PORING as the target, adding DROPS will overwrite PORING in this case

so nope, only 1 at a time

this idea about using status change should be scrap

yes, using OnNPCKillEvent is stress, but it doesn't mean lag

it just mean using more CPU resource to compute the code

although in the past (year 2008) before I learn to touch the source code, I did make a low populated server (~30 players) lag ... lol

yeah master, i dont know if I understood you with that,, but yes,, status changes can apply once each per status,, but its not like it would give a different or additional status,, it would only have a "list" that needs to kill or somethin',,

i actually tried to grasp some info on scripting base from here---> https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/master/doc/script_commands.txt

and with this:

*sc_start 	<effect type>,<ticks>,<value 1>{,<rate>,<flag>{,<GID>}};*sc_start2 	<effect type>,<ticks>,<value 1>,<value 2>{,<rate>,<flag>{,<GID>}};*sc_start4 	<effect type>,<ticks>,<value 1>,<value 2>,<value 3>,<value 4>{,<rate>,<flag>{,<GID>}};*sc_end 	<effect type>{,<GID>};

using the sc_start4 it gave me a hope that with values 1 ~ 4 we can probably put *variables, like instead of putting just a specific monster in *val1* in SRC,, put variables something like (battle->check_target(mob_id)) ,, like on how "body relocation" monks work, i mean you dont put a specific cells, instead it has variables of x and y for your target cells, so that would fit in on the status that i'm looking for,, well I strongly believe that there's nothing that's impossible with the src as it's like the universal power behind everything in RO,,

so the code is something like this

case SC_ADDSTATKILLMOBval1 = (battle->check_target(mob_id)) // i dont know what are these for,, but please try to understand,, the point is instead of getting specific mob,, it would check mob/ list of mobs you listed,val2 = rand() kill mob // chancesval3 = statusup, rand(bStr,bAgi,bVit,bInt,bDex, bLuk) //again dont know codes needed,, end;

this way,, instead of putting like constant values for the sc_addstatkillmob,,everything would depend on the values on the item_db,, as variables are setup under the status.c,, but yeah i just believed that there's nothing impossible in src mods,,

seriously, you have to answer a few questions before we proceed

1. Why not just write this as a Quest NPC ?

it make sense to anyone -> take the quest, kill the mobs, get status points as reward

no need to go to your website to know which monster gives which stat,

and the Quest can be given in just 1 single npc, everyone can understand easily

and MOST OF ALL,

even a 5 years old kid that knows how to type "@-r-e-l-o-a-d-s-c-r-i-p-t" can write a Quest NPC

well yeah it does make sense, 

though of course having it other way around like just getting it from "training" or "grinding" would also be another idea,, unlike the usual "quest" thingy,,

well i cant say that i dont know how to write a quest NPC,, but I can at least learn it, its just a thing you can call "preference",,

like why depend on an NPC wherein, it's possible to be created by an alchemist and have them help you out also on "strengthening",, again "preference" on how to do things,,

2. what makes you obsessed with this feature ?

SC_ADDSTATKILLMOB is just an idea I think of, and it is not available anywhere

even I google search 'SC_ADDSTATKILLMOB', only 2 results came out

there is no available code for it, until someone tries to make it out

and like I said earlier, your idea that can be done with THAT MANY mobs, it is impossible

using status change, means only 1 mob ID at a time, ok ?

so please, write this feature as a Quest.

Full Stop.

obsessed,, yeah I'm really obsessed with things that could make huge changes,, i dont know why,, i cant even says i'm "inlove" with RO anymore and yes "obsessed" might be the right word for it,, i mean,, I actually never ever played other MMO games seriously,, other than RO,, yeah official and private servers i could have played many already,, but there's always something that i'm not satisfied with,, so that's maybe why i'm this obsessed,, sorry,,

yes master,, i never set aside your advices on doing this as a quest script,,

Full Stop

since you said that there's no available code yet,,

well,, i dont think i can Full stop yet,, but yeah,, at least i've learn a lot from this experience, and will still learn,, to others these might be normal already,, but to me these are all new,, 

3. and if you still unsatisfied as a Quest, you have to explain properly where you get this idea from

- a topic link to that game website which properly explain about this feature -> for example wow wiki, or irowiki

- or a youtube video that shows how they did it

i have nothing to provide where i got this idea master,,  :(

just a product of my wild imagination and "obsession" w/ RO i guess,,

well yes i'm still unstatisfied w/ this as a Quest,, but,, with the script you provided me,, for the mean time can at least do it NOT w/ a lot of monsters but at least with MVPs  or mini boss so that it won't be that stressful,,

uhm,,

I might be over dramatic with this but yeah,, thanks for being so patient with someone who just started with this,,