Sign in to follow this  
Diurnal

Migrating from eAmod to Hercules

Hi,

I am using eAmod as my current emulator and is currently using 2010-07-30 client. I really want to move to Hercules because of it's features and hyper-active Development Team. But since Hercules has a different src coding, I am a little skeptical on moving. Here's some of my questions that needs some answers before I proceed from converting my server to Hercules.

Server files-wise:

1. Does Hercules supports 100% Pre-Renewal?
  2. Can I use the Cash Shop Support if I am on Pre-Renewal?
  3. Can I enable Kagerou and Oboro even without 3rd Jobs and use Pre-Renewal mechanics?
  4. I have a lot of custom items, does the format changed from eamod to hercules?
  5. Did Hercules removed some item_bonuses?

Client files-wise:

1. What's the most stable 2012+ client to use and supports Cash Shop Functions and Kagerou / Oboro?
  2. I am currently using 2010-07-30 client, do I need to convert my id2num2* txt files to lua if I want to use a 2012+ clients?
  3. Since Hercules blocks WPE/RPE, will it also block those auto hotkeys?

Hello

1.- For the most part and as far as I am aware of, pre-renewal is pretty stable as it has been for the past.. 3 years? There could possibly be more tweaks to do, but the pre-renewal code is pretty much the same for eA/rA/Hercules, so you shouldnt have any major issues there.

2.- The cashshop doesnt have a Renewal specification, as long as your client supports it, you should be fine (Ragexe clients support Cash shop). 

3.- Skills and statuses are available for either version on its most, only times when *Renewal* comes into play is when the formulas for a skill differ. Since Kagerou/Oboro are Renewal exclusive, there is no pre-renewal formula for the skills. They will work given you update your pre-re files acconrdingly (skill_db, job_db, etc)

4.- For the most part, item bonuses don't change much except for a recent commit which updated the name of some Statuses. Shouldn't require a major overhaul of any of your custom items.

5.- As far as I am aware of, only ViariableCastRate/FixedCastRate related additions. 

For the client:

1.- No idea. Cashshop is a Ragexe feature but I personally havnt tried any of those clients afar. Going with something like 20120418 should be good though

2.- You only need to change your item files to lua if you go with a client > 2012-04-18

3.- Hercules anti WPE/RPE works by encrypting packets (It doesnt have anything to do with skill delays or 3rd party software attachment). 

Hello

1.- For the most part and as far as I am aware of, pre-renewal is pretty stable as it has been for the past.. 3 years? There could possibly be more tweaks to do, but the pre-renewal code is pretty much the same for eA/rA/Hercules, so you shouldnt have any major issues there.

2.- The cashshop doesnt have a Renewal specification, as long as your client supports it, you should be fine (Ragexe clients support Cash shop). 

3.- Skills and statuses are available for either version on its most, only times when *Renewal* comes into play is when the formulas for a skill differ. Since Kagerou/Oboro are Renewal exclusive, there is no pre-renewal formula for the skills. They will work given you update your pre-re files acconrdingly (skill_db, job_db, etc)

4.- For the most part, item bonuses don't change much except for a recent commit which updated the name of some Statuses. Shouldn't require a major overhaul of any of your custom items.

5.- As far as I am aware of, only ViariableCastRate/FixedCastRate related additions. 

Regarding #3, will it require src edits too? or just the db files are fine?

Edited by Diurnal

Shouldnt, checked the *some skills* and didnt see any renewal definition which means it doesnt. They will be working for Renewal mechanics though (Which means they could be overpowered if you apply them to pre-renewal mechanics. You'll have to balance them out as you see it fit though and that will require src edits)

Shouldnt, checked the *some skills* and didnt see any renewal definition which means it doesnt. They will be working for Renewal mechanics though (Which means they could be overpowered if you apply them to pre-renewal mechanics. You'll have to balance them out as you see it fit though and that will require src edits)

Thank you! I guess I can do the skill balancing with pre-renewal.

This thread can be closed now.

Eamod is totally suck emulator.  If i can get moneyback, and never buy it, i will do that. Last 2 years all what i do at my own, it's fixing bugs caused by trash code in Eamod. Last few month i following hercules, and i can see a big process in developing. 

Only one option why i still stand on eAmod, it's detailed WoE stats.

Detailed WoE stat can be made into a plugin, it's not that hard.

I'm waiting for the Hook update for the HPM system and then i'll try converting some of eAmod stuff into plugins.

I think it's possible to convert them too, but I didn't look into it ^^.

Depending on what the hook system will allow us to do, evertything could be converted into plugins.