canditw

Multiple servers connected to one?

Question

I don't know how to explain this right (This post itself might sound very dumb). I'm tried out a RO recently, and before the login page the RO had multiple *channels* (but they're servers). So I just choose one of them and logged in, so the ping is great about 50ms. Then I made a second account and logged in another random *channel*, heres where it gets amazing, the ping was 250ms and I could see my other character standing right next to me. 

So what I can/t understand now is whether this is a multiple map-server config or a multiple zone-server (not sure what this is but found it online).
When I opened the clientinfo.xml, it showed different IP addresses listed but the end result was the same all these *channels/servers* were linked to one (meaning everyone could see each other). 
*Also the character data is the same across these server.

4 answers to this question

Can you mention the server name?

(Because this isn't multi map server, but some custom mod maybe)

Edit:
Here, the situation seems to be different.
It's probably multi login server which ultimately connects to the same map-server

But does multi-login server determines the ping in-game? Because the final ping in-game seems to vary depending on which server i choose.

But does multi-login server determines the ping in-game? Because the final ping in-game seems to vary depending on which server i choose.

How do you check ingame ping?

The ip on clientinfo is just login-server ip

Edit:

Another possibility can be that, the server is using proxy servers

Thanks, I'll look into proxy servers. But I assume proxy servers are mainly just to fend off minor ddos attacks because its harder to find the gameservers ip?