anolythe

How do i edit/make my own User Interface [UI]?

Question

sorry for being such a noob, i've been searching but can't find any guides on how i can edit/make my own UI
example, i'd like to merge my stats window with my equip tab. or maybe even make something else like upgrade/crafting window?
does anyone know where i can edit/add the files so i can accomplish this? :)
thanks a whole bunch! :D

3 answers to this question

The UI is defined in the executable file and the text displayed in the UI is defined by the msgstringtable.txt file. For example, old sakray executables have Equip and Stats windows separated, while newer RagRE executables have them merged. The only way to "modify" that is by hexing the executable file. You can look up the wiki about hexing : http://herc.ws/wiki/Hexing

You need to know about reverse engineering and all those stuff, which I say is having high difficulty level. So its not something that everyone can do.

The UI is defined in the executable file and the text displayed in the UI is defined by the msgstringtable.txt file. For example, old sakray executables have Equip and Stats windows separated, while newer RagRE executables have them merged. The only way to "modify" that is by hexing the executable file. You can look up the wiki about hexing : http://herc.ws/wiki/Hexing

thanks for this, i'll keep researching about it. :)