Sign in to follow this  
Uzieal

[Concept] Arrakeen (Dune)

Arrakeen -

So I am a long time Sci-Nut and after a conversation or two with Muad_Dib and some searching for resources I have decided Arrakeen MUST be made into a Ragnarok Map.

Here are my sources to reference as I begin designing this map. So what do you think about this project? Do you know what DUNE is, are you a Sci-Fi Fan? Tell me what you think.

ARRAKEEN: first settlement on Arrakis; long-time seat of planetary government. — 
Terminology of the Imperium

Arrakis' capital and largest city historically is Arrakeen (/ærəˈkn/[1]). Arrakeen housed an ostentatious palace, which had been "the government mansion in the days of the Old Empire";[4] prior to the arrival of theAtreides on Arrakis, the Emperor's right-hand man Count Fenring and his wife Margot had resided there. Leto I had chosen Arrakeen for his seat of government because it "was a smaller city, easier to sterilize and defend."[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrakeen#Cities_and_features

5crz.jpg

2lh.gif

If anyone has a better resource for Arrakeen please forward it along to me!

Edited by Uzieal

Great idea. Yeah I enjoy the Dune series a lot and it'd be nice to see how Arrakeen would translate into RO-space. ;) Maybe make a couple Fremen NPC Sprites for good measure!

Awesome Idea, yeah I would like to also include a few Quests so since im not to shabby with spriting some Fremen NPS's would be great!