Sign in to follow this  
xienne15

Browedit help~

Question

I made a map using the izlude town, and i clear the map to edit as my town size. The upper part has default height and it's doing good as i see in-game....and at the lower part i made the height go down to put some market and everything seems fine on browedit, but when i try to see it in-game, the upper part looks like in the browedit,but the lower part is when i try to walk there, the textures on that lowered area are flickering black. How can i remove this flickering?

solved!

1. Change water height to -20 [Windows->Water]
2. Go to Global Height Editmode
3. Click CTRL + A [selects the Entire Ground Terrain]
4. Click Page-Up to Raise/Page Down to Lower the Ground. Rais the ground ABOVE the water line
5. After you have raised the ground above water line go to Group Object Edit
6. Click View->Top Camera and create a red box radius around the entire map by just Left-Mouse Clicking so it selects all the objects on the map.
7.Click Page-Up to raise all the objects you selected back to their proper positions on the raised terrain.
8. Save your map. Done.

Edited by xienne15

2 answers to this question

1. Change water height to -20 [Windows->Water]
2. Go to Global Height Editmode
4. Click Page-Up to Raise/Page Down to Lower the Ground. Rais the ground ABOVE the water line
5. After you have raised the ground above water line go to Group Object Edit
6. Click View->Top Camera and create a red box radius around the entire map by just Left-Mouse Clicking so it selects all the objects on the map.
7.Click Page-Up to raise all the objects you selected back to their proper positions on the raised terrain.
8. Save your map. Done.

Also please note that Water Heoght does not have to specifically be -20 as long as the Terrain is above the water level you should not have any gat issues.  ;)

Also as a rule of thumb as I saw in your [showcase] it is recommended when you open a map from the GRF to first clear the map of everything before you begin editing, I saw in your screen captures that some of Geffen was still visible.  This can cause some errors but you can still work with it. 

Edited by Uzieal

1. Change water height to -20 [Windows->Water]

2. Go to Global Height Editmode

4. Click Page-Up to Raise/Page Down to Lower the Ground. Rais the ground ABOVE the water line

5. After you have raised the ground above water line go to Group Object Edit

6. Click View->Top Camera and create a red box radius around the entire map by just Left-Mouse Clicking so it selects all the objects on the map.

8. Save your map. Done.

Also please note that Water Heoght does not have to specifically be -20 as long as the Terrain is above the water level you should not have any gat issues.  ;)

Also as a rule of thumb as I saw in your [showcase] it is recommended when you open a map from the GRF to first clear the map of everything before you begin editing, I saw in your screen captures that some of Geffen was still visible.  This can cause some errors but you can still work with it. 

Yup, i did that. I cleared my map except the texture since i want to know where the center is :D