Sign in to follow this  
ted.lodestone

Need some assistance here please.. ;_;

Question

Hello,

I got migrated to this awesome revision which is hercules like 12hours ago, and still im configuring and migrating stuff, just wondering.. does our emu provide +30 weapon? since all weapon that was +30 got nerfed back to +10? is it a client side issue? and.. im wondering how can I remove getting stoned, like if I put too much buff in the npc i got stoned, and for some occasional reason .. and the rental is not working for mado? lastly the mobs, how can I put additional custom mob, since when I try to copy the files from my old emu, then paste it to my new emu, it got error something to do with.. overlapping, something like that. :/ please do help me guys..  :wacko:

23 answers to this question

For the +30 effect, all you need to do is modify your weapon scripts to include bonus bAllStats,30;, reload your item database, and voila.

For the stone curse effect, you need to modify your scripts. About a month ago malufett I believe implemented all of the official names for SC_ status effects, so any old scripts that are using SC_ effects not found in our /db/const.txt file, cause stone curse effect.

If you need help updating your scripts that cause Stone Curse, paste them as a response here and I'll be happy to look into them for you if no one else beats me to it. :)

As for custom mobs.. are you using .txt based database or SQL? What emulator are you switching to Hercules from?

For the +30 effect, all you need to do is modify your weapon scripts to include bonus bAllStats,30;, reload your item database, and voila.

For the stone curse effect, you need to modify your scripts. About a month ago malufett I believe implemented all of the official names for SC_ status effects, so any old scripts that are using SC_ effects not found in our /db/const.txt file, cause stone curse effect.

If you need help updating your scripts that cause Stone Curse, paste them as a response here and I'll be happy to look into them for you if no one else beats me to it. :)

As for custom mobs.. are you using .txt based database or SQL? What emulator are you switching to Hercules from?

Thank you so much for that quick respond, about the+30 effect, is it the same as the refine rate? does it still visible using herc? or this is because of my client, having harmony? and for the Stone curse.. so thats why :o i was like.. OMG what is happening.. *what a relief..

yes, having problem adding custom mobs and the skill itself.. i was using an old 3cream revision.. so last night i decided to put the harmony and migrate all the server files to herc..

&* addional question if thats ok..  about the visibility.. its somehow... got a very small range.. where can I edit it

*edit: i believe im using text base database.

Thanks!

Edited by ted.lodestone

Post made on assumption you will be using Renewal on Hercules.

First of all, make sure you have backups of whatever you're changing. It's common sense but it's sometimes necessary to remind them.

Refines up to +30 must be a custom edit since 3CeAM only supports refines up to +10 and official servers support up to +20. Never mind, you can compare the db/refine_db.txt file from your local 3CeAM repository and try to port them to Hercules. Hercules refine db is in db/re/refine_db.txt (the db/pre-re path is reserved for pre-renewal servers and the files immediately inside db are shared for both re and pre-re). Its syntax is a bit more complicated but it's because of trying to accomodate to support official renewal refining mechanics, which 3CeAM explicitely doesn't support (see the Note). Remember that if you change your max refine on the refine_db.txt, you should also edit src/map/status.h, line 16 (assuming you haven't edited it) in Hercules to change MAX_REFINE parameter accordingly.

As for the stone curse effect, it's due to what jTynne said: on a relatively recent commit some status effect names were changed and when you use an invalid status name it defaults to 0, which is Stone Curse in the status section of db/const.txt (line 687 right now). I've taken out all Hercules SCs and 3CeAM SCs and compared them both (Hercules is the left one; 3CeAM is the right one; link expires in 1 year) so that you may know the exact differences. You can change them by yourself just looking through that list and changing whatever status effects are invalid in your current scripts.

I didn't get what you meant for rentals not working for mado gears. Maybe it's because the script commands changed? I can't get whatever 3CeAM is using for it, but as you can see in doc/script_commands.txt, lines 3623 to 3630, in Hercules those script commands are the ones that are specifically used for mado gears.

For the mobs problems I'll be assuming you're using txt mob dbs as you previously said (if you aren't using them you must explicitely tell the server to use SQL dbs at the end of conf/inter-server.conf): As far as I'm concerned, mobs from eAthena/3CeAM/rAthena are directly compatible with Hercules, but if you don't show us the exact error on the custom mobs we can't be much of help, but maybe you are trying to overwrite official mobs (which are in db/re/mob_db.txt in Hercules and in db/mob_db.txt in 3CeAM) by directly copying and pasting the custom entries you previously had on your 3CeAM's db/mob_db2.txt to your Hercules' db/mob_db2.txt and since Hercules has like 200 more official mobs than 3CeAM, the ID of a custom mob you have in 3CeAM may collide with one that Hercules already has in its official mob db. I think the ones in mob_db2.txt take precedence over them, but maybe you should change your custom mobs IDs to take free IDs. Also remember their skills go in db/mob_skill_db2.txt and if you want a custom mob to use an existing sprite you use db/mob_avail.txt. Anyways, if this doesn't solve your errors please tell us.

Hope I've been helpful here.

Post made on assumption you will be using Renewal on Hercules.

First of all, make sure you have backups of whatever you're changing. It's common sense but it's sometimes necessary to remind them.

Refines up to +30 must be a custom edit since 3CeAM only supports refines up to +10 and official servers support up to +20. Never mind, you can compare the db/refine_db.txt file from your local 3CeAM repository and try to port them to Hercules. Hercules refine db is in db/re/refine_db.txt (the db/pre-re path is reserved for pre-renewal servers and the files immediately inside db are shared for both re and pre-re). Its syntax is a bit more complicated but it's because of trying to accomodate to support official renewal refining mechanics, which 3CeAM explicitely doesn't support (see the Note). Remember that if you change your max refine on the refine_db.txt, you should also edit src/map/status.h, line 16 (assuming you haven't edited it) in Hercules to change MAX_REFINE parameter accordingly.

As for the stone curse effect, it's due to what jTynne said: on a relatively recent commit some status effect names were changed and when you use an invalid status name it defaults to 0, which is Stone Curse in the status section of db/const.txt (line 687 right now). I've taken out all Hercules SCs and 3CeAM SCs and compared them both (Hercules is the left one; 3CeAM is the right one; link expires in 1 year) so that you may know the exact differences. You can change them by yourself just looking through that list and changing whatever status effects are invalid in your current scripts.

I didn't get what you meant for rentals not working for mado gears. Maybe it's because the script commands changed? I can't get whatever 3CeAM is using for it, but as you can see in doc/script_commands.txt, lines 3623 to 3630, in Hercules those script commands are the ones that are specifically used for mado gears.

For the mobs problems I'll be assuming you're using txt mob dbs as you previously said (if you aren't using them you must explicitely tell the server to use SQL dbs at the end of conf/inter-server.conf): As far as I'm concerned, mobs from eAthena/3CeAM/rAthena are directly compatible with Hercules, but if you don't show us the exact error on the custom mobs we can't be much of help, but maybe you are trying to overwrite official mobs (which are in db/re/mob_db.txt in Hercules and in db/mob_db.txt in 3CeAM) by directly copying and pasting the custom entries you previously had on your 3CeAM's db/mob_db2.txt to your Hercules' db/mob_db2.txt and since Hercules has like 200 more official mobs than 3CeAM, the ID of a custom mob you have in 3CeAM may collide with one that Hercules already has in its official mob db. I think the ones in mob_db2.txt take precedence over them, but maybe you should change your custom mobs IDs to take free IDs. Also remember their skills go in db/mob_skill_db2.txt and if you want a custom mob to use an existing sprite you use db/mob_avail.txt. Anyways, if this doesn't solve your errors please tell us.

Hope I've been helpful here.

Very indeed helpful, Thank you very very much for all of this information, Jabote! last question please, does herc got other script for WoE? toasty woe controller wont work with herc right? since like awhile ago, the woe started, but emp is not visible..

3147,WHISPORING,WHISPORING,WHISPORING,60,79523,0,4152,2173,1,669,890,54,58,1,65,80,74,65,105,10,12,1,8,66,0X37B5,180,1072,672,480,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1500,0,0,0,0,0,0 

I did but, still the same issue.. and im wondering if changing the stat of a mob,you just need to edit mob.txt, because. it seems it doesn't change like increasing the HP, do I need to edit like a other .txt files? sorry.. I'm new to herc.

Last time I tried Toasty it worked but it was months ago. I'll make a try whenever I have time, but I haven't available a recent version of Herc server right now. That'd be a pity since on my old eA server I used Toasty's and would love to keep using it in case I have another server, this time Herc based.

About the mob, after a quick manual check I find there's a problem on that mob, exactly what the DB says:

Drop number 8 is item ID# 1500, which is unexistent and drops at 0.00% rate and I've counted 1 more column than necessary. Maybe removing that column will solve your error. Try this:

3147,WHISPORING,WHISPORING,WHISPORING,60,79523,0,4152,2173,1,669,890,54,58,1,65,80,74,65,105,10,12,1,8,66,0X37B5,180,1072,672,480,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Hope this helps again.

if you put the monster info in your mob_db.txt, you must put "1 blank line" after the last mob you put in your mob_db.txt

Last time I tried Toasty it worked but it was months ago. I'll make a try whenever I have time, but I haven't available a recent version of Herc server right now. That'd be a pity since on my old eA server I used Toasty's and would love to keep using it in case I have another server, this time Herc based.

About the mob, after a quick manual check I find there's a problem on that mob, exactly what the DB says:

Drop number 8 is item ID# 1500, which is unexistent and drops at 0.00% rate and I've counted 1 more column than necessary. Maybe removing that column will solve your error. Try this:

3147,WHISPORING,WHISPORING,WHISPORING,60,79523,0,4152,2173,1,669,890,54,58,1,65,80,74,65,105,10,12,1,8,66,0X37B5,180,1072,672,480,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Hope this helps again.

if you put the monster info in your mob_db.txt, you must put "1 blank line" after the last mob you put in your mob_db.txt

I tried both but yeah, it won't read it.. I figured out how the change of stat on the mob will applied, but im still struggling with adding the custom mob.. it won't work. ;_; i put it on /db/mob_db2.txt but still same.. it wont read it.

Trying that mob, only errors I get are these:

[Error]: mob_parse_dbrow: Invalid monster ID 3147. Range 3001-3999 is reserved for player clones. Please increase MAX_MOB_DB (4000).[Error]: sv_readdb: Could not process contents of line 48 of "db/mob_db2.txt".

Line 48 is the one that holds your Whisporing in the mob_db2 I tested.

You can do two things for solving this:

• Change the ID of the Whisporing to an available one (right now, checking renewal mob_db you can see IDs from 2381 onwards are free). Just in case, remember to also update the mob entries in db/mob_skill_db2.txt and db/mob_avail.txt, and whichever custom or modified scripts you have that reference the mob.
  • Increase the value of MAX_MOB_DB in src/map/mob.h, line 19. I don't know what happens if you use existent job IDs but it can't be pretty, so avoid collisions with job sprites. In case you modify this, when you get to monster ID 4000 it'd be clever if next mob ID starts in around 4500 for letting room for new jobs to accomodate (Oboro and Kagerou are using job IDs 4211 and 4212).

Trying that mob, only errors I get are these:

[Error]: mob_parse_dbrow: Invalid monster ID 3147. Range 3001-3999 is reserved for player clones. Please increase MAX_MOB_DB (4000).[Error]: sv_readdb: Could not process contents of line 48 of "db/mob_db2.txt".

Line 48 is the one that holds your Whisporing in the mob_db2 I tested.

You can do two things for solving this:

• Change the ID of the Whisporing to an available one (right now, checking renewal mob_db you can see IDs from 2381 onwards are free). Just in case, remember to also update the mob entries in db/mob_skill_db2.txt and db/mob_avail.txt, and whichever custom or modified scripts you have that reference the mob.
  • Increase the value of MAX_MOB_DB in src/map/mob.h, line 19. I don't know what happens if you use existent job IDs but it can't be pretty, so avoid collisions with job sprites. In case you modify this, when you get to monster ID 4000 it'd be clever if next mob ID starts in around 4500 for letting room for new jobs to accomodate (Oboro and Kagerou are using job IDs 4211 and 4212).

Thank you so much will try that .. and one more thing, does dispel really dispell fcp's? and you know also about the visibility range because npc's vanishes automatically if you walk like 8 9 cells away.? since its pretty close,can i adjust that .. Sorry for raping you with questions;_;

Let's go step by step even for the FCP, so that you get used to Hercules a bit faster.

On Hercules (it's not present in 3CeAM) we have a db file which manages what status can be removed/dispelled by what event (death, dispell, etc.) and it's located in db/sc_config.txt. FCP is the sum of the individual alchemist strip protections, so on that DB they are these:

SC_PROTECTWEAPON, 28SC_PROTECTSHIELD, 28SC_PROTECTARMOR, 28SC_PROTECTHELM, 28

Which, according to the key at the start of the file, means 16 + 8 + 4 which means: buff, can't be reset by Dispell and can't be reset by Clearance. If Dispell was able to remove it something would be wrong since that file is shared among pre-re and re.

For the sight range of players, maybe you mean this setting in /conf/battle/client.conf, line 45:

// Visible area size (how many squares away from a player can they see)area_size: 14

If changing it (and issuing @reloadbattleconf or restarting the server) doesn't change anything, then it's possible that the client has a maximum sight range hardcoded and then you won't be able to change it to more than it is. I don't know the truthfulness of this last thing.

** here's the exact error for the custom mobs. 

[Error]: sv_readdb: Too many columns in line 1372 of "db/pre-re/mob_db.txt" (found 58, maximum is 57).  :unsure:

the answer to this is that 3ceam has 58 columns on mob_db while in herc has only 57 since they removed the "ExpPer" column on it, try to remove one comma and 0 at the last column and the error should be fixed, while incase those has not 0 values then remove the  value next to "MEXP" column. ^_^

Let's go step by step even for the FCP, so that you get used to Hercules a bit faster.

On Hercules (it's not present in 3CeAM) we have a db file which manages what status can be removed/dispelled by what event (death, dispell, etc.) and it's located in db/sc_config.txt. FCP is the sum of the individual alchemist strip protections, so on that DB they are these:

SC_PROTECTWEAPON, 28SC_PROTECTSHIELD, 28SC_PROTECTARMOR, 28SC_PROTECTHELM, 28

Which, according to the key at the start of the file, means 16 + 8 + 4 which means: buff, can't be reset by Dispell and can't be reset by Clearance. If Dispell was able to remove it something would be wrong since that file is shared among pre-re and re.

For the sight range of players, maybe you mean this setting in /conf/battle/client.conf, line 45:

// Visible area size (how many squares away from a player can they see)area_size: 14

If changing it (and issuing @reloadbattleconf or restarting the server) doesn't change anything, then it's possible that the client has a maximum sight range hardcoded and then you won't be able to change it to more than it is. I don't know the truthfulness of this last thing.

Reallly, I can't thank you enough! Issue was resolved.. but not the custom mobs though.. I might try replacing the exisiting non-usable mobs such as E_MARIN etc.. that might work, editing its sprite and all.. because I did try already to copy the stat of the existing mob and just changed its name, and ID but still it won't read it.. anyhow, Thank you so much guys for your help! I'm loving the assistance of the herc community! more power to us! :)

About the mob, when using a valid available ID (I tried 2955) there's no problem when using the mob I told you to try before:

2955,WHISPORING,WHISPORING,WHISPORING,60,79523,0,4152,2173,1,669,890,54,58,1,65,80,74,65,105,10,12,1,8,66,0X37B5,180,1072,672,480,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

[Status]: Done reading '1' entries in 'db/mob_db2.txt'.

I have neither the mob's skills and/or sprite (or the mob_avail entry) so I can't be much more of help without that info.

About the mob, when using a valid available ID (I tried 2955) there's no problem when using the mob I told you to try before:

2955,WHISPORING,WHISPORING,WHISPORING,60,79523,0,4152,2173,1,669,890,54,58,1,65,80,74,65,105,10,12,1,8,66,0X37B5,180,1072,672,480,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

[Status]: Done reading '1' entries in 'db/mob_db2.txt'.

I have neither the mob's skills and/or sprite (or the mob_avail entry) so I can't be much more of help without that info.

well that works.. thanks, but why 3006 ID doesn't.. :unsure:

Because of the errors I told you before: Mob ID range 3000 to 4000 are reserved  to clone sprites, so you can either use an available ID or change the MAX_MOB_ID definition I said before.

Just in case you changed MAX_MOB_ID and don't see anything changed: have you recompiled? Remember that each and every change made on the source code (inside src/) requires recompilation for working. In case you plan to never change your source code, you could even remove the src folder without any problem because they aren't required for the server to work, but to compile or recompile it.

Thanks for all the help guys!~ Thank you Jabote! almost forgot to close this thread, but yeah, before I closed it..got some more questions please.. does the latest ITEM_DB supports 3rd job skill requierements? since the Emergency cool seems not working.. and also mistress card won't count the red gemstone, and vulcan bullet doesn't count also as a requirement for Flamethrower and summon homun using embreyo doens't work either..

*** well, just figured it out.. its already done, but the red gemstone and also the homun still doesn't work? any idea please?

Edited by ted.lodestone

I have no idea on that ones, but maybe you're using the configuration that makes GMs ignore items and other requirements for skills?

I have no idea on that ones, but maybe you're using the configuration that makes GMs ignore items and other requirements for skills?

got it thank you! 

And sir, what about.. patching the System Folder itself. Since I tried to include it to the patch but the client prefer to read the folder not the patch, then when I try to removed it from the ro folder, it errors me out. 

using neoncube.

is this the correct format perhaps? 

43         FLD            System.zip

Edited by ted.lodestone

Whoa! Absolutely no idea on client side issues, so I can only wish you good luck on this and maybe open a topic on the appropriate forum!