Sign in to follow this  
Lassander

Giving items in the 10000+ range slots

Question

I'm currently using a really old client which supports the ability to make slotted items at any ID, because of this we've got some slotted items at the 10k plus item_id range. We are currently in the process of updating the client and I have been unable to get the slots to appear as open with the new client (RagRE2012-04-10)

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? Currently the only thing I can think of is running a SQL script to change all the item ids to an id that allows a slot, but I'm hoping there is another way.

edit: Yes I have tried itemslotcounttable.txt

seEx7Ko.jpg

this is the slot that doesn't show up.

Edited by Lassander

7 answers to this question

You're looking in the wrong place. Server-side slots don't appear client-side if the client files have not been updated to display the slts. If the slot exists in the database, you'll have to edit itemslottcounttable.txt in your client's data folder or custom GRF.

The format for this is:

ItemID#Slots#

If you wanted item IDs 10000-10012 to show their slots, you would add them to the file like this:

10000#4#10001#3#10002#1#10003#2#10004#3#10005#4#10006#3#10007#2#10008#1#10009#2#10010#3#10011#4#10012#3#
Edited by Via

Have you tested it? That method hasn't been working for me. It works for custom items we have in 2000-9999 id range, however non of the ids above 10k it seems to work with.

If you've tested item ids in that range and it's working, then maybe I'm doing something wrong but it's only those upper ids that it's not working for.

Edited by Lassander

Have you tested it? That method hasn't been working for me. It works for custom items we have in 2000-9999 id range, however non of the ids above 10k it seems to work with.

If you've tested item ids in that range and it's working, then maybe I'm doing something wrong but it's only those upper ids that it's not working for.

When I wrote my reply, I did not test it first. I went ahead and tested on a 2012-04-10 client and was unable to reproduce the issue.

Tested on 2012-04-10 with custom gear Hercules Hat [1] (ID: 10001):

rhjyb9.jpg

I more or less mean if you right click, and look at the description. Where it shows the slots.

On newer clients I cant get that empty slot to show up for items with a high item_id.

seEx7Ko.jpg

Edited by Lassander

Oh, I guess I overlooked that. Yeah, mine don't show up either. Perhaps running that query to adjust the item IDs to a compatible range for your client would be the best solution.

Interesting issue. Sadly i am not at home right now. I'll check it out when i get home.