Sign in to follow this  
xienne15

exporting models browedit

Question

Right now i am done with my map. Is there a way i can extract all models i used in my map? since i use some arcturus textures and models. Do i need to manually find them in the grf?. I just want to have the models and textures i used in creating my map be included in the file, not the whole arcturus.grf

4 answers to this question

There is not a way directly to export all of the models you need for a specific map, however there is a way to get a list of all the existing textures and

models on the map so you can find them easily in the GRF to then manually export. To do this Open the Map you are working on and then go to;

File => Export Map Files

This will create a text document for you in which it will list the models and textures used and should look a bit like this;

model³»ºÎ¼ÒÇ°ÇÁ·Ð¾Æ·¹³ª1-ȶºÒ.rsm

texture³»ºÎ¼ÒÇ°arena1-3.bmp

modelÇÁ·ÐÅ׶ó¸ùÅ©°Ç¹°08.rsm

textureÇÁ·ÐÅ׶óprt_f_b_03.bmp

Etc.....

From here navigate to the proper files and build a patch for them so you need not use the arcturus.grf

Edited by Uzieal

There is not a way directly to export all of the models you need for a specific map, however there is a way to get a list of all the existing textures and

models on the map so you can find them easily in the GRF to then manually export. To do this Open the Map you are working on and then go to;

File => Export Map Files

This will create a text document for you in which it will list the models and textures used and should look a bit like this;

model³»ºÎ¼ÒÇ°ÇÁ·Ð¾Æ·¹³ª1-ȶºÒ.rsm

texture³»ºÎ¼ÒÇ°arena1-3.bmp

modelÇÁ·ÐÅ׶ó¸ùÅ©°Ç¹°08.rsm

textureÇÁ·ÐÅ׶óprt_f_b_03.bmp

Etc.....

From here navigate to the proper files and build a patch for them so you need not use the arcturus.grf

It crashes my browedit after pressing the export map files, making a folder with no files and text files without anything in it. using BE r586

When you start up brow edit could you get a few screenshots of the Command window as it is loading everything. I believe you did not fully configure your brow edit properly. Does it crash on any other maps when you export map files? Try opening one from the GRF and exporting. Please follow this video tutorial to ensure your brow edit is properly set up.