Sign in to follow this  
Chemical Crush

Browedit Models causing R. 586 to Crash?

Question

Idk if this has been asked, but before my computer wiped my browedit file would read more models than it is now.  Since i've redownloaded BE and set it up I seem to be lacking models and textures I had before.  But when I rebuild the model files anytime I try to open the menu for models my browedit crashes.

:/  Any suggestions or does anyone know whats going on with this?

Seems to be just my 586 revision that isn't reading these files.

My 620 does, so its not so big a deal.

But why wont my 586 properly read and show these files in their menu?

1 answer to this question

Sorry I fixed it already, it was actually an object that appeared when I saved with 620, it was causing 585 to crash.  You can actually rebuild textures/models with 620 and it not affect it, just not with 586.  o.o;  

There should never be a reason to use rebuild texture files. What this does if i am not mistaken is cleans existing vs grf textures and re compiles them so that is what brow edit loads. What you will need to do is edit your ro.xml file in brow edit setup changing the path of your models and textures and grf all of these locations need to be redone and the grf needs to be a fresh one, not the same grf you used to load brow edit initially. extract the new clean grf and use the newly made database to form the path to your models and textures. One you do this your brow edit will be back in order. Please let me know how this goes i will gladly help you further.