Sign in to follow this  
lipitb

Dynamic IP and Server

Question

Hello
Use dynamic IP and use the host ragnahome.servegame.com for the client to connect, and the login / char / map-conf ...
Turns out the modem and restart my ip changes, the server loses connection in char_server. I try to restart.
Had another way without rebooting the server?

1 answer to this question

You could enable DNS support on your client and configure a subdomain to point to your IP and/or use a VPN. I'm sure there are better methods now, but one popular method I recall is the use of Hamachi to create a VPN and have players connect with that IP address.

Example:

Update all of your public IP address configurations to server.myRO.com, which points to your computer's public IP address, 87.65.43.21 - doing so allows you to update where your subdomain points to with ease, rather than updating a bunch of files.; alternatively, use Hamachi to create a VPN and generate an IP address for players to connect to, and use that for your public IP address settings.

The best solution? Lease space with hosting providers to suit your needs. I prefer BuyVM.net, but if you don't know how to manage or set up a server, I suggest you try hosting services that will set up your server and provide support. For a list of services that are backed by our community, check out our Paid Services section.